More Pre-Sales questions! :)

mikelowrey

Hello again,

I would like to know if with xenforo, you can add/create a limit when viewing the forum, to be more clear, I would like the guest to view up to lets say 30 pages, after that, he needs to sign up to keep viewing.

Having people register and login with e-mail instead of username?

Also, Is there a way or addon in xenforo that you could track creations of multiple accounts?

Lastly, can xenforo be customized to include small logos (ads) such as these ones www.m4carbine.net on the top?

I also noticed in that whenever I create a new thread, I see the "Post a Poll" below, Is there a way to disable that and enable it to a certain group of people?

Thank you!

Hello again,

I would like to know if with xenforo, you can add/create a limit when viewing the forum, to be more clear, I would like the guest to view up to lets say 30 pages, after that, he needs to sign up to keep viewing.

Yes there is an addon by Waindigo called guest views or something that does this

Having people register and login with e-mail instead of username?

As stated you would need to change a few things to do this. However to register you can enable it so that users need to confirm their email address. And then change all templates where the username is used to instead show the email address. Sure an addon can cater for this.

Also, Is there a way or addon in xenforo that you could track creations of multiple accounts?

Yes theres a couple of addons available for that.

Lastly, can xenforo be customized to include small logos (ads) such as these ones www.m4carbine.net on the top?

You can include anythng, anywhere using WF Widget Framework.

I also noticed in that whenever I create a new thread, I see the "Post a Poll" below, Is there a way to disable that and enable it to a certain group of people?
Yes its permission based and you can control who can create polls etc.

Another one:

I am aware that under the username avatar you can add plenty of things, but is it possible that you can add certain icon to a username? example:

Liam is a Marine, so under his name, he verified he is so I want to add a marine icon under his username.
Tajhay is an Army, so under his name, he verified he is so I want to add a Army icon under his username.
And I am Navy, so under my name I have a Navy Icon.

Thanks again.

Another one:

I am aware that under the username avatar you can add plenty of things, but is it possible that you can add certain icon to a username? example:

Liam is a Marine, so under his name, he verified he is so I want to add a marine icon under his username.
Tajhay is an Army, so under his name, he verified he is so I want to add a Army icon under his username.
And I am Navy, so under my name I have a Navy Icon.

Thanks again.
If you are able to determine via criteria or some other method what the person is (perhaps a custom field in their profile), then you can definitely do that.

For example i have a 'which sports team do you support?' custom field. There are two options.

You can then use user user group promotions to promote users to a different user group if the criteria matches. i.e. If a person has Team A in the 'which sports team do you support' he is given Team A usergroup.

In that usergroup you can do usergroup styling. So Team A has 'I <3 NSW' under their name now, whilst team B has 'Mighty Blues Fan' for example. See different colours etc.

XF can do quite a lot.

upload_2014-6-5_0-9-7.webp

You can achieve that in various ways - user groups, custom profile fields, custom CSS, etc.

Got it.

If you are able to determine via criteria or some other method what the person is (perhaps a custom field in their profile), then you can definitely do that.

For example i have a 'which sports team do you support?' custom field. There are two options.

You can then use user user group promotions to promote users to a different user group if the criteria matches. i.e. If a person has Team A in the 'which sports team do you support' he is given Team A usergroup.

In that usergroup you can do usergroup styling. So Team A has 'I <3 NSW' under their name now, whilst team B has 'Mighty Blues Fan' for example. See different colours etc.

XF can do quite a lot.

View attachment 75111

Exactly what I am looking for, not bad!

Another one!:

On the top bar, where it says:

HOME - FORUM - RESOURCES - BUY XENFORO - MEMBERS

can that bar be customized? As to for example add links to sections on the forum?
Thank you again!

couple more!

- Is it possible to have a certain group have BOLD enable for their tittle when creating a thread? Also what about adding the BOLD when selecting certain prefix?
- Is it possible to have links removed for guests and only viewable by members?
- Is it possible to set prefixes for a certain forum (ex: Feedback & Support section of the forum?)

Thank you again.

Top Bottom