XF 1.4 More Moderator & Administrator Tools

XenForo 1.4 continues to add tools and enhancements to help your moderators and administrators to manage your users and their content.

Today, we're looking at inline moderation enhancements, 'author alerts', the 'Like' removal tool and the reply ban system.

YouTube | Vimeo

WOW moderate search results finally! Thanks!

Thread ban is also useful. ;)

One question... moderation is enabled automatically if search results are not mixed content? We have threads only - thread moderation is enabled, for posts only - post moderation is automatically enabled, etc...? If not, please make it before released. :p

Last edited:
Okay, this is some seriously cool stuff here. Of all the new features, I think these are hands-down the best, most useful ones, Cheers!

when moderator ban user in thread, any notice about it for admin/alerts?

No, from what I understand other admins / moderators will not be alerted to thread bans.

You'll need to manually tell each other using the report center or your moderator forums. (y)

No, from what I understand other admins / moderators will not be alerted to thread bans.

You'll need to manually tell each other using the report center or your moderator forums. (y)
Admin must be alerted of any moderator action in my opinion,people goes crazy this days.

I disagree. If you don't trust them, don't promote them to moderators. If a user feels he is being wronged, he always can appeal to the admin afterwards and the admin can take appropriate measueres.

It should show up in the moderator log, so if you want to control all your moderator's actions, you can always check the log. Or if you don't trust your moderators to ban users, I'm sure you can remove that power.

I disagree. If you don't trust them, don't promote them to moderators. If a user feels he is being wronged, he always can appeal to the admin afterwards and the admin can take appropriate measueres.

It should show up in the moderator log, so if you want to control all your moderator's actions, you can always check the log. Or if you don't trust your moderators to ban users, I'm sure you can remove that power.
there is no nothing with trust, its about people vanity, want know what reason for thread ban.

Top Bottom