XF 1.2 More Assorted Things

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
You can do whatever you want in the callback, so more or less. This is what's called:
Code:
    /**
    * Calls the specified template callback.
    * @param string|object $class
    * @param string $method
    * @param string $contents Contents (children) of the callback; may be empty
    * @param array $params List of params to pass specifically; these will respect mappings.
    * @return string New version of the contents (could be modified)
    */
    public function callTemplateCallback($class, $method, $contents, $params)
Your callback gets $contents, $params and the calling template object.

grantus

I hope the members list makes the final cut of 1.2 because even though some boards don't have a need for it, some of us do. It would be great if in 1.2 we could have the new look (notable members) but also the option to have the traditional members list, but with improvements. Spice up the list a bit and make it more appealing and give admins the option to configure how we want the list to look like (most posts, most activity, only with avatars, etc).

erich37

Notable members, member list disabled

The notable members page looks a bit like the standard members list page, but it shows people of note:
I am not a native english-language speaker... so I am not entirely sure, but the word "notable" for "Notable Members" sounds a bit funny to me, aka "not able" :unsure:

Would it be better to change the wording from "Notable Members" to something like "Well-known Members" or "Noteworthy Members" ?
Or some other word instead of "notable" (not able ;) )

:coffee:

Alien

I am not a native english-language speaker... so I am not entirely sure, but the word "notable" for "Notable Members" sounds a bit funny to me, aka "not able" :unsure:

Would it be better to change the wording from "Notable Members" to something like "Well-known Members" or "Noteworthy Members" ?

Same could be said for "noteworthy" if you take it that way.. "Not E-Worthy!" Meaning its not anything worthwhile on the internet. ;)

...but I see where you're coming from. I'm sure it's a simple phrase change.

erich37

Same could be said for "noteworthy" if you take it that way.. "Not E-Worthy!" Meaning its not anything worthwhile on the internet. ;)

...but I see where you're coming from. I'm sure it's a simple phrase change.
I mean:
if you verbally say the word "notable", it might sound fine to your ears.
But if you look at the written word (visually looking at the text).... it might look like "not able".

anyway.... :notworthy: <<<< Not Worthy

:whistle:

Alien

I mean:
if you verbally say the word "notable", it might sound fine to your ears.
But if you look at the written word (visually looking at the text).... it might look like "not able".

anyway.... :notworthy: <<<< Not Worthy
No worries, you should have seen my face when my wife wanted me to purchase a "Notable Dinette Set"!

What the hell was I going to do without a table? ;)

Luxus

I don't have a problem with notable, but how about using "awesome members"?

Or, alternatively:

notable.png

Obviously I was kidding :.p

Jeremy

The correct pronunciation is no-ta-ble, but I can see where you are coming from. Since its a phrase, you'll easily be able to change it. (y) On that note, notable means basically the same thing as 'noteworthy', so its interchangeable for you. :)

adwade

Option to block logins entirely after a few failures
By default, we only CAPTCHA block accounts after several failed login attempts. This may be more user friendly but some people may consider it to be a security issue. You now have the option to disable logins instead of showing a CAPTCHA.
Where/how is this choice made? I can't seem to find it anywhere, nothing in the forums or manual that I could turn up. o_O