XF 1.2 More Assorted Things

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I did a few redirects for the old "home" page which was a Page node and the forum move to the root.

Code:
RewriteRule ^community/pages/home/ / [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^community/(.*)?$ /$1 [L,R=301]
RewriteRule ^community$ / [L,R=301]

Jeremy

Is the full Members List still available on 1.2 as an admin option?
Notable members, member list disabled
By default, the full members list page is now disabled. On larger boards, not only is it useless (and a spam magnet), it's actually a huge performance issue.

The notable members page looks a bit like the standard members list page, but it shows people of note:
  • Most messages
  • Most likes received
  • Most trophy points
  • Today's birthdays
  • (Non-hidden) Staff members
Yes.

topcat

on the subject of editing templates will there be an option to search text within a template. Unless Im missing something currently when I search text in all templates it lists all the templates with that text, but when I acually click on the template i then need to manually look through the template to find the text or use the find feature in firefox.

cheers

cclaerhout

I'm not sure I follow what you're trying to do. This allows you to set any XF "route" to be the index page of XF. It can't be outside of the XF install or anything.
Wordpress has an option to set the server index root as the Wordpress reference route where Wordpress is itself in is own directory (ref).

Russ

I'm a styling nerd... while this update is very nice... I'm so excited for the tab function in the templates :D

Shelley

on the subject of editing templates will there be an option to search text within a template. Unless Im missing something currently when I search text in all templates it lists all the templates with that text, but when I acually click on the template i then need to manually look through the template to find the text or use the find feature in firefox.

cheers
I use the firefox built in search, TBH I think even if a search within template feature was implemented it'll still be quicker using firefox as strange as that sounds.

dutchbb

Losing the traditional memberlist as a default page is not a big deal (it's an improvement if the new page is more interesting) but what would be useful is an advanced search for members and still show a paginated ranking based on number of posts, likes, alphabetical, registration date etc. So that it's not limited to the number of members shown on the notable members page.