Monthly Lease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't even use PayPal, even if they have a lease option you can't use XenForo. So this whole thread is moot.

I am confused, are you saying that you have paypal but you are unable to put any funds in your paypal account from your country?
From what I can gather, he has a PayPal account, but can't transfer any domestic funds into it from where he lives. He works as a freelancer and gets paid in US$ into the PayPal account.

Thus he has some money, but not loads and in PayPal, which he can't top up with his domestic currency.

Sounds like a royal predicament indeed, I suppose nCODE is unable to pay for Off Shore hosting as well as many other things that would be considered day to day purchases to some. At first I was a bit fishy about the whole thing (another I dont wanna pay full price thread) but if that is actually the case then I wish nCODE all the best with acquiring XenForo.

Sounds like a royal predicament indeed, I suppose nCODE is unable to pay for Off Shore hosting as well as many other things that would be considered day to day purchases to some. At first I was a bit fishy about the whole thing (another I dont wanna pay full price thread) but if that is actually the case then I wish nCODE all the best with acquiring XenForo.
Thanks man! :)

5 user online at once is kinda equals to nothingness...

The average number of users your community can have online and browsing at any one time. We calculate your average through a 2-day rolling window. We don't shut off your community if you go over this figure, but we may ask you to upgrade your package.

I sympathise with nCode and I understand his situation because I get applicants for my online school from different countries. Some have very low incomes in places like Bangladesh.
We do offer monthly payments as well as 3 months and a year.

I think the suggestion of combining a monthly fee with hosting so the whole service cuts off instantly if a payment is not made, is very good. Ingenious. I've found that predictably poorer people have trouble keeping up payments. This causes lots of trouble for them and for us. The only solution is to make the monthly deal VERY strict. Either they understand they MUDST pay the monthly amount on time or the service is instantly deactivated.
That makes sure they do pay it and we don't get into an unhappy relationship.

But there's still a problem. That is that monthly instalments mean extra work on our end.
They have to be checked every month to make sure they come in.
There is always a significant minority of payers who need correspondence around pay date . Doing that once a year is accepted as part of the service. but multiply that 12 times it adds up to a lot of extra work. The ££££ / $$$$ side of it can be covered by charging a bit more say $28 a month not $20.
But that doesn't cover precious TIME used up. Like KAM we on our online school are always overworked. Doing extra admin correspondence really eats up time we don't have.
In our case we're charging almost £2000 a year4 so it makes sense to charge £200 a month so people can pay us. We wouldn't get the clients otherwise. But for KAM with not enough time for the core job anyway I think this time budget would be a killer on this issue. Unless a moderator took it on to do the clerical admin like a small charity project.

Also I would limit it to certain countries like Bangladesh based on GNP.

But there's still a problem. That is that monthly instalments mean extra work on our end.
They have to be checked every month to make sure they come in.
It is a pain in a manual system, but something like hosting could quite easily be done completely automatic - look at how they setup the demos on this very site.

Tie that into an automated hosting system and you're in business.

If you can't even use PayPal, even if they have a lease option you can't use XenForo. So this whole thread is moot.
He claims to be a freelancer who is paid through paypal. Then claims he does not have a paypal account...because paypal does not allow access to his country.

Nothing he said makes any sense. Either he is a freelancer who gets paid via paypal, and thus has a paypal account...or...

I feel this thread is useless and is worthy of being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom