Monthly Lease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could also go to school and take a business class. And browse the right web sites on the web to learn about online freelancing. That plus simply building experience should help him (and any other freelancer) to learn how to understand the market, set goals, blah blah.

Every time someone says "I want..", all I hear is static.

He could also go to school and take a business class. And browse the right web sites on the web to learn about online freelancing. That plus simply building experience should help him (and any other freelancer) to learn how to understand the market, set goals, blah blah.

Every time someone says "I want..", all I hear is static.
All the coaching centres for freelance outsourcing are ****ty :mad:

To be fair, the premise is reasonable. For some people $140 is a lot and perhaps $20 a month isn't. The problem is, most who opted for the $140 a month would go for the $20pm if it was available.

Piracy is a bit of a red herring with this option to be quite honest. Its not as if they pay $140 now to get a copy and then pirate it. One person paid the $140 and is releasing it 'nulled'. $20pm option would make no difference to this.

The only way I could see this working is if someone setup a lease scheme but hosted the forums as well, with no FTP access (or limited FTP access) as a condition.

Then anyone who stopped paying after 1 month would loose the website anyway and be no better off. Limited FTP access would be required in order to stop people grabbing a copy of the files & database & hosting it elsewhere - unless the php code was encrypted or something.

Eitherway, it is possible - all it would take is some desire by a hosting company and the blessing of XF Ltd.

To be fair, the premise is reasonable. For some people $140 is a lot and perhaps $20 a month isn't. The problem is, most who opted for the $140 a month would go for the $20pm if it was available.

Piracy is a bit of a red herring with this option to be quite honest. Its not as if they pay $140 now to get a copy and then pirate it. One person paid the $140 and is releasing it 'nulled'. $20pm option would make no difference to this.

The only way I could see this working is if someone setup a lease scheme but hosted the forums as well, with no FTP access (or limited FTP access) as a condition.

Then anyone who stopped paying after 1 month would loose the website anyway and be no better off. Limited FTP access would be required in order to stop people grabbing a copy of the files & database & hosting it elsewhere - unless the php code was encrypted or something.

Eitherway, it is possible - all it would take is some desire by a hosting company and the blessing of XF Ltd.
There's a huge BUT... If I create a site for only Bangladeshi People... wont it be better to host the site somewhere in Asia with low latency?

and also when the community increases the the server loads will increase too ;)

xF can start a "specific server IP" system just like WHMCS :D

There's a huge BUT... If I create a site for only Bangladeshi People... wont it be better to host the site somewhere in Asia with low latency?

and also when the community increases the the server loads will increase too ;)

xF can start a "specific server IP" system just like WHMCS :D
To quote a well known saying... Beggars can't be choosers...

I have to agree with MGSteve. Limited budget = limited options.

The fact remains at least it'd still be an option.

Invision has a hosted option, for about $10 per month, something like that.

Xenforo could do the same, the code is encoded, so it is not really possible to pirate the software or do anything with it ;)

umm... okay I am trying to be as clear as possible...
I can't transfer money from my country because of some rule in our country.... so what I do is do some part-time jobs at oDesk, Fiverr and all the payments I get is tranferred to a Paypal account I have... clear enough?
And yes, Paypal doesn't our country doesn't mean that I cant create one...

Nope. You have not made any sense.

If I understand their wording correctly, it's based on a much shorter period of time than the standard 15 minutes
I don't get where people think 15 minutes is "standard" by any means. It's very rare where I see boards with an online list that updates faster than 30 minutes.

Anyway, their $4.99 plan is not useful for a live site. I'd say it's better for an extended trial or pre-purchase development board. Something like that which wouldn't require much traffic.

Starter communities should go with the $9.99 plan, which should be plenty until it begins to grow. If you're vigilant about banning spam bots to minimize "junk" traffic, you can expand the time you stay on the lower tier plan.

ANYWAY, it sure is odd talking about hosting for a competing product here on the xenForo community. o_O

I mean if they were to offer a lease like that it would seem best if it was like IPS' hosted solution but to combine that with your idea, $20/mo for hosting and software(no access to source code), after 12 months license = yours and you can transfer or pay like $10/mo for hosting and you get the source code...meaning that xF would get 240 for a 140 license for those that can't afford it in any one particular month :).

Nope. You have not made any sense.

please use your brain then...

I mean if they were to offer a lease like that it would seem best if it was like IPS' hosted solution but to combine that with your idea, $20/mo for hosting and software(no access to source code), after 12 months license = yours and you can transfer or pay like $10/mo for hosting and you get the source code...meaning that xF would get 240 for a 140 license for those that can't afford it in any one particular month :).

If you also give web hosting space, then I wont move my site from here :D
like I said... I can get a license without any havoc if I wait just a month or 3... but I am an impatient soul..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom