Monsanto

Which leads to inaccurate statements. My post still stands. You should use proper terms and if someone doesn't know what a carcinogen is, they can use Google or another source to look up a definition.

And, I know full well that carcinogens can lead to cancer. They increase the risk, not guarantee getting cancer.

This article may be of interest.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/push-overturn-monsanto-protection-act-article-1.1352178

Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) is pushing to introduce an amendment to an upcoming farm bill that would overturn protections that allow Monsanto and other producers of genetically modified food and seeds to continue growing food a court has deemed potentially hazardous.
I'll support/vote for that dude. Oh nvm he's in Oregon. I'll ask people who are in Oregon to do so.

I used to think people just like to beat up on Monsanto because they are so big, they are like Mircosoft, people love to hate them... But the more you read, the more alarming it gets.

I'm not against their research nor their goal of crops that produce more food with less resources- but the fact they so successfully lobby politicians is most concerning.

They sell a special corn seed for example, they sell it to Farmer X... Well then farmer Y across town somehow has Monsanto corn growing in his field... You would think logically- either "So what" or possibly even make Farmer X or Monsanto have to clean it up.

However they have changed the law so that Farmer Y actually has to pay Monsanto for use of their product, that they didn't even want, or be sued for illegal use. It's like being sued by hollywood for downloading a movie that a ended up on your hard drive due to someone else's virus infection.

That said- I seriously doubt they have any intent to make food dangerous. I think the Europeans especially have gone overboard on complaining about genetically modified crops. ALL our crops are already modified. Nothing grew like it does now in the wild. You wouldn't recognize what corn was before humans began tinkering with it hundreds of years ago.

Which leads to inaccurate statements. My post still stands. You should use proper terms and if someone doesn't know what a carcinogen is, they can use Google or another source to look up a definition.

And, I know full well that carcinogens can lead to cancer. They increase the risk, not guarantee getting cancer.
A cigarette can lead to cancer, but ironically people can freely say that it can give you cancer.

Carcinogen can lead to cancer, but ironically people aren't exactly free to say that monsanto uses carcinogen which can give you cancer.

Something is very wrong with this country.

This is all very depressing. Now I want a farm of my own so I can grow my own stuff.

It won't all be food tho heheh...
And in time you would have a high probability of being sued.

The natural process of the world is cross pollination. The wind, birds, bugs, and water; our natural environment in the planet's ecosystem grantees that seeds and pollen spread genetic material.

This ensures the survival of any plant species, because this is how nature breeds. And is completely unavoidable.

So naturally at some point a Monsanto seed or pollen will make it into your crops. It is unavoidable and unpreventable. And without paying Monsanto their dues, you could be found guilty of copyright and patent infringement.

Our current legal system and laws are not only unconstitutional, but also go against the laws of nature.

Something is very wrong with this country.

I used to think people just like to beat up on Monsanto because they are so big, they are like Mircosoft, people love to hate them... But the more you read, the more alarming it gets.

I'm not against their research nor their goal of crops that produce more food with less resources- but the fact they so successfully lobby politicians is most concerning.

They sell a special corn seed for example, they sell it to Farmer X... Well then farmer Y across town somehow has Monsanto corn growing in his field... You would think logically- either "So what" or possibly even make Farmer X or Monsanto have to clean it up.

However they have changed the law so that Farmer Y actually has to pay Monsanto for use of their product, that they didn't even want, or be sued for illegal use. It's like being sued by hollywood for downloading a movie that a ended up on your hard drive due to someone else's virus infection.

That said- I seriously doubt they have any intent to make food dangerous. I think the Europeans especially have gone overboard on complaining about genetically modified crops. ALL our crops are already modified. Nothing grew like it does now in the wild. You wouldn't recognize what corn was before humans began tinkering with it hundreds of years ago.
Almost all countries are or have introduced a ban on Monsanto's frankencrops. Sure, if you don't look into it much, it sounds like they are doing a noble thing. But the more you learn, the more you become afraid of what you are eating. Your argument about "modified" crops is null and void. Yeah, we've been "modifying" crops for ages, but it was from cross pollination, not what Monsanto is doing. They have these crops that have been genetically altered to give off their own ROUND UP pesticide! That is something you will not find in the wild.

These crops have been linked to an increase in health problems, which is why all these countries are banning it. Why is the US not? Because Monsanto is a company that has their people everywhere within the govt and they are successful at lobbying...putting money in people's pockets to vote in favor of monsanto when these people know that it is not in the interest of their people.

There are a ton more reasons why I try my best to avoid anything made by Monsanto. I buy local, organic, GMO free foods to insure my health in the future and to support the local economy at the same time. I would suggest everyone else do their due diligence and read up as to why you should be avoiding any frankencrops.

Top Bottom