• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Monitoring What Your Users Are Searching For

Carlos

Why not just use Google Analytics for it? It already has the "Site Search" are that is exactly that (what people are searching for ON your site).

Example:

How is this accomplished?

I asked this same question years ago, I even sort-of suggested this. I think it'd be a great feature to be able to see what your (ahem, my members) searched on your (my site) so I can see where to target more.

digitalpoint

How is this accomplished?

I asked this same question years ago, I even sort-of suggested this. I think it'd be a great feature to be able to see what your (ahem, my members) searched on your (my site) so I can see where to target more.
You don't do anything special... just open Google Analytics and go to Behavior -> Site Search

And of course make sure it's enabled on your Analytics property view.

upload_2014-2-4_16-25-51.png

Carlos

Long time ago, I read that area as "site: codforums" or something like that, but wow... I was wrong. Alrighty, testing this in the next day or so.

I always thought site search settings meant tracking how people found the site, only to find out it tracks what your users are searching on your site. WTF.

digitalpoint

One nice thing about having it in Analytics, is you can combine multiple dimensions. For example, break down what people search for by gender...

upload_2014-2-4_17-35-30.png

...or by country...

upload_2014-2-4_17-36-57.png