Monitoring What Your Users Are Searching For

Is anyone using something to monitor what their members are searching for on the forum?
Why not just use Google Analytics for it? It already has the "Site Search" are that is exactly that (what people are searching for ON your site).

Example:

upload_2014-1-7_22-26-38-png.64413

Why not just use Google Analytics for it? It already has the "Site Search" are that is exactly that (what people are searching for ON your site).

Example:

upload_2014-1-7_22-26-38-png.64413
How is this accomplished?

I asked this same question years ago, I even sort-of suggested this. I think it'd be a great feature to be able to see what your (ahem, my members) searched on your (my site) so I can see where to target more.

Hey Carlos, this is standard in google analytics, all you need to do is turn it on in your account.

How is this accomplished?

I asked this same question years ago, I even sort-of suggested this. I think it'd be a great feature to be able to see what your (ahem, my members) searched on your (my site) so I can see where to target more.
You don't do anything special... just open Google Analytics and go to Behavior -> Site Search

And of course make sure it's enabled on your Analytics property view.

upload_2014-2-4_16-25-51.webp

Long time ago, I read that area as "site: codforums" or something like that, but wow... I was wrong. Alrighty, testing this in the next day or so.

I always thought site search settings meant tracking how people found the site, only to find out it tracks what your users are searching on your site. WTF.

One nice thing about having it in Analytics, is you can combine multiple dimensions. For example, break down what people search for by gender...

upload_2014-2-4_17-35-30.webp

...or by country...

upload_2014-2-4_17-36-57.webp

Monitoring search logs is one thing. The trick is to have your community post about these popular topics.

Top Bottom