What was your solution for the Google Adsense deadline on Jan 16, 2024?

I run Google Adsense and my GDPR consent message and solution is...

• One created through Google Adsense, and it has already been approved.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • One created through Google Adsense, and it has not yet been approved.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A modified XenForo one, and it has already been approved.

• A modified XenForo one, and it has not yet been approved.

• I chose a completely different solution, independent of Google Adsense & XenForo.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I am not sure what I am going to do.

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
But one thing still puzzles me: under GDPR does this replace the existing cookie consent or does one still need that also for all the other (non Advertising) cookies?
If you add the required purposes / vendors to the CMP (don't know if that is possible with Funding Choices / Google, it is possible with full-blown CMPs like Consentmanager.net) and add glue code to wire up everything with XenForo (Cookies, BB Code Media Sites, Captcha, Giphy, Payment Processors, etc.): Yes

Need another poll option now: I give up! I will let Google stop showing ads in EU.
That would most likely be only a temporary solution as the "whole world" is (slowly) moving to better user privacy protection :)

the "whole world" is (slowly) moving to better user privacy protection :)

I would argue to the countrary (more control, surveilance, "Internet" getting centralized on a handful of huge platforms...).

But they do bust our balls with those cookies, that's for sure. :)

I do find it ironic that Google is now the largest GDPR CMP (Consent Management Platform) in the world, when they themselves are also the largest entity in the world to break online privacy laws over the last few years. Google has recently settled multiple lawsuits against them for improper data sharing and tracking, accumulating to over 5 billion dollars in settlements in just the last 12 months.

Reactions: cwe
Top Bottom