1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Money back guarantee

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by random, Oct 21, 2010.

1. random

random Active Member

Hello,

I'd like to know if XF licenses comes with money back guarantee.

Thank you,
    Jonathan

2. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

No software company offer such thing ... trial maybe ...

Vladislav Rastrusny likes this.
  3. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Not that I know of.

4. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

A demo perhaps is all that they need now. Dont' know about money back guarantee. It wont be fair to the company that sells the software. What guarantee would you give them that you wont use their software after their refund?

Forsaken likes this.
  5. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Please see the License Agreement (#10) regarding this. It's of course no guarantee, but I'm sure they will consider a refund if appropriate :)

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What would the guarantee be with regards to?
    The software not functioning?
    You don't like it?
    It doesn't have X, Y, Z, feature?

Can you be more specific?

As dutchbb has posted above, refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

AmericanForum.com likes this.
  7. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

You cant exactly issue a refund on software source code...there would be nothing to stop you continuing to use it after you get a refund.

8. Floris

Floris Guest

Yes, very good question.

I will read through the EULA in a little bit and if it's not there, I see that Brogan and Dean have read the OP question so I can expect an answer within reasonable time.

Watching this thread, I would now like to know a definitive answer as well. Unless it is indeed 'on a case by case basis'?

9. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Actually dutchbb had the answer. Keep in mind the moderators on this site are, well, moderators. Not the ones that make the company policies. Here is a copy of what the link says:
    10. Refund Policy

We will maintain a reasonable policy regarding requests for refunds. We reserve the right to refuse a refund or to apply a partial refund. An administration charge may be applied where a refund is offered.

10. Floris

Floris Guest

Ah ok, I always feel that the mods on a company site are representing the company. Sorry for that.

11. Ace

Ace Member

Represent != Make the Policies.

(Did you make Policies when you were a moderator @ vb.com ?)