Xen Forum HOSTING - $1 first month - Money Back Guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you are getting it.

This thread is an ad about a xenforo service, with ability for members to post on it, at least that is what it seems like?. Does that mean you have the right to come restless and full of hatred and to take the thread poster down, no.
I forgot, you have a vested interested in advertising too which does not relate to XenForo either.

I will still warn people of hosts that oversell. Not that this particular thread will oversell. IDK.
I am here to help and educate whenever I can.

OK, no more posts on this thread from me.

I forgot, you have a vested interested in advertising too which does not relate to XenForo either.

I will still warn people of hosts that oversell. Not that this particular thread will oversell. IDK.

yes, and keep warning thing about things that do not exist...i mean if you can't find something mean to say, make up something..right...even if its false...like the fact we don't oversell shouldn't matter...do whatever you can to kill competition and commerce:rolleyes:...smh and THANK GOD for that last sentence

as long you don't abuse, it is all good
wink.png
. I'll be watching you , I got you on check.. ehhh jk

Unlimited Data Transfer
This is not unlimited "bandwidth", but data transfer [...], You will never have any overage charges.

So i can have 10 gig of bandwidth, but i can transfer 20 gig of data a month for free??
No, data transfer is not the same as bandwidth. Data transfer is how much you are allowed to transfer, bandwidth is how fast data can be transferred.

For example, if you are allowed 1GB of data transfer monthly, and the available bandwidth is 1000Mbit/s, you could theoretically use up your entire monthly allowance of data transfer in eight seconds. (I think I did that sum right...)

On the other hand, if you have an unlimited data transfer and 100Mb/s of bandwidth, your actual data transfer limit will be effectively be (number of seconds in one month) x 100Mbit. If a month is taken to be 28 days, that would be 28 x 86400 x 100Mbit / 8 = approximately 30GB of data.

No, data transfer is not the same as bandwidth. Data transfer is how much you are allowed to transfer, bandwidth is how fast data can be transferred.

For example, if you are allowed 1GB of data transfer monthly, and the available bandwidth is 1000Mbit/s, you could theoretically use up your entire monthly allowance of data transfer in eight seconds. (I think I did that sum right...)

On the other hand, if you have an unlimited data transfer and 100Mb/s of bandwidth, your actual data transfer limit will be effectively be (number of seconds in one month) x 100Mbit. If a month is taken to be 28 days, that would be 28 x 86400 x 100Mbit / 8 = approximately 30GB of data.

Indeed. thanks for that.

We don't talk abuot "unlimited bandwidth" as I said, that is impossible. Most hosting companies act with a lack of integrity, overselling and offering unlimited universes (with limitations)

We try to be as transparent as possible.

This is not going to be a place to run a streaming server or download based site. It is for the TYPICAL, AVERAGE forum owner.

you won't have 10 gig of bandwidth, but if you were able to transfer 20gig of data in a month you could.
Unlimited bandwidth and unlimited traffic implies you are allowed to transfer 10 terabyte, at 10 gbit speed .. without any problems, right?

A mere 30mbit internet connection easily does 500gb a month ..
A constant stream on a media site for 100mbit or even 1gbit. We're talking terabytes.

yes, a simple forum with 25 online users will do no more than 5 to 15 gb, depending on attachments and online users.

But a host offering unlimited .. should rethink that.

a host offering unlimited .. should rethink that.
I've never seen anyone offering unlimited bandwidth, using its true definition. Unlimited data transfer within the available bandwidth, yes, that is perfectly reasonable.

I've never seen anyone offering unlimited bandwidth, using its true definition. Unlimited data transfer within the available bandwidth, yes, that is perfectly reasonable.
My personal little experience with vBulletin and hosting is that I've helped move more users from these 'unlimited' hosts to 'real' hosters, than the other way around ..

(just to clarify/correct - not to 'troll'...apparently)

It's not unlimited data transfer - its unmetered (not to be confused with unlimited bandwidth, an impossibility). Unlimited implies there isn't a speed restriction. For example, a host could offer unmetered data transfer, however if the transfer speed is only 1meg, you're getting a worse deal than a host offering unmetered transfer at 100meg. Offering unlimited transfer is physically impossible however.

It's a minor technicality but is enough to mislead people a little. ;)

Anyway :)

I think it's cool that more and more hosts are going to support XenForo hosting, so you know when you go with them you don't even have to upload the test .php file to see if anything required is missing. And you know caching and all that stuff is optimized and those nasty apc bugs fixed with nightly builds or whatever.

I think that a true "xenforo hosting" should be created by a true xenforo expert (in configuration, personalization, optimization etc.). An example is urljet for vbulletin. But a dedicated service it's not cheap, it's impossible to guarantee this with a low price host... IMHO without a true support by EXPERTS for the issues/needs it's not a xenforo hosting but a normal, generic host...just marketing, not a true offer. In this case i'm suggesting all to go with a real hosting service, like hostgator, servint etc.

Wow, just reading through this would be enough to turn any customer away.

Business Coach, ever heard the expression "The customer is always right"? You got asked simple questions and replied somewhat rudely and started bickering with people. IF I was going to sign up with you, I most deffinately would NOT want to see a representative of the company arguing like this. Likewise, I would expect to see a site up and running with all the ToS, SA, FuP ect ect already in place.

From the looks of it, Business Coach needs some coaching :)

I think that a true "xenforo hosting" should be created by a true xenforo expert (in configuration, personalization, optimization etc.). An example is urljet for vbulletin. But a dedicated service it's not cheap, it's impossible to guarantee this with a low price host... IMHO without a true support by EXPERTS for the issues/needs it's not a xenforo hosting but a normal, generic host...just marketing, not a true offer. In this case i'm suggesting all to go with a real hosting service, like hostgator, servint etc.

Define an expert in this field.

I guess it would be someone who uses the software a lot. In which case anyone here with a XenForo forum! :p
Anyone can hang out their shingle and claim to be an expert.
All smoke and mirrors.

Exactly. I claim not to be an expert, however, I use my experience in server technology, software and PHP to determine the optimisations.

Would you consider the founder of URLJet to be an expert?

(just to clarify/correct - not to 'troll'...apparently)

It's not unlimited data transfer - its unmetered (not to be confused with unlimited bandwidth, an impossibility). Unlimited implies there isn't a speed restriction. For example, a host could offer unmetered data transfer, however if the transfer speed is only 1meg, you're getting a worse deal than a host offering unmetered transfer at 100meg. Offering unlimited transfer is physically impossible however.

It's a minor technicality but is enough to mislead people a little. ;)

that's a great and legitimate question. The trolls are the one's who attacked out the gate without bothering to read the entire post, not sincere questions.

The answer is you are correct. Unlimited is a bit of a misnomer. Considering the difficulty people are having with understanding the difference in bandwidth and data transfer, it would be just as difficult to understand meter and limit. For the average user this won't be a problem. Technically there is no unlimited anything. Even in unlimited having domains...surely there are technical limitations. There are no restrictions on data transfer. Take that FWIW.

Wow, just reading through this would be enough to turn any customer away.

Business Coach, ever heard the expression "The customer is always right"? You got asked simple questions and replied somewhat rudely and started bickering with people. IF I was going to sign up with you, I most deffinately would NOT want to see a representative of the company arguing like this. Likewise, I would expect to see a site up and running with all the ToS, SA, FuP ect ect already in place.

From the looks of it, Business Coach needs some coaching :)

Thanks for your interest. You are right, many would be turned off. But many will see it for what it is also. Simple attack and bashing of the new guy who doesn't fit into the "clique" and thier concept of what someone else's forum should be. Every forum has the few who think they run the joint...but don't. They are just the most outspoken and make a point to try to bully people.

I have heard that saying and do not feed into it. The customer is NOT always right. And those who are not even potential customers, well, their opinion doesn't even matter to me.

However the customer IS always in charge. As of yet, all of the skeptics, scoffers and complainers are not customers or even potential ones at all. Most are just mad there is advertising on the forum, and came to this site because someone pointed it out as "tarnishing" xenfor with a commercial thread. They came for the express purpose to bog it down with their negative attitude because they can't control something or someone.

No one controls me or my business but me, period.

There are those that will buy, and those that won't. I am not concerned about someone offended because they DIDN'T DO BUSINESS WITH US!

when a customer has a beef, even a POTENTIAL one it is a different story. But majority of this...is just the childish type antics that go on all over this forum and almost made me not buy a license in the first place before even making a purchase.

People who want and need what you have, won't worry about people WHO ARE NOT EVEN CUSTOMERS.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN AND TO THEM ONLY:

Guess what, anyone who has a problem with this thread, or me, or whatever...the solution is simple...go to a different thread. If I am so bad, so horrible, so whatever....why are you still here???? Wouldn't people who are so much wiser about how I should live my life be an example and be quiet and leave? No instead you stir the pot, you instigate, you bait, you push buttons and sit back and say "SEE, SEE! I TOLD YOU!"

I didn't realize so many xF license holders were in HIGH SCHOOL

All this in your face stuff...is really ridiculous.

If you think being in business means you are supposed to just take abuse (unmerited at that)...then you are free to RUN YOUR BUSINESS that way. I on the other hand, have just as much right to be respected as anyone else. Don't get upset if you are disrespected after you come in that manner to someone you do not even know.

I am not worrying about all this because as soon as Gold is released, I know all this clique controlled nonsense will be irrelevant, there will be more business people here serious about their forums and not about trying to control something that is not theirs. Namely this forum. You scoffers will simply be outnumbered, and will only be able to manage to keep up with a few threads.

Finally there will be an OPEN community where EVERYONE is welcome, not just the select few clone-minded people.

xF would have a LOT more sales if this was not a constant behavior here. I came from vB as a result of hearing about xF on the forums...but you know what else is said...this place is VERY UNFRIENDLY. People acting like they represent the company. Get over yourselves....all of you. You have a license, I have a license. I have equal rights to post ANYTHING I want here, just like you do.

Let people make up their own minds about doing business with us...all of your "opinions" are baseless.

Insisting I have done something wrong by not linking to an acceptable use policy is silly, because i stated in the OP and several times, the site is not built yet. So what, I am supposed to email it to you? to what end? Your curiosity? wait like everyone else. Clearly there will be a AUP for xen holders different than our corporate clients.

What is with the constant trying to make it seem like something is happening that is not. Seriously?

3 pages of attack on something NOT EVEN LAUNCHED yet, is totally ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.