[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo

[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo beta 2a

No permission to download
So, @DarkUnderlord, sorry to reply this late but here is some clarification about your concerns.

So we tried this. It's great that it has channels, but you lose the chat history every-time you switch to another one, you have no idea what's been said. You also can't see if anyone's in those channels.
This is AjaxChat default behavior. This add-on has an option called "Message limit" where you can specify an amount of messages to retrieve on each request. This will set the amount of messages retrieved each time you switch channels.

Likewise if you click on ""Who's Chatting Now?" to see who's there, you lose the chat page and have to "login" again. And you lose the entire chat history. It should at least load the last 30 messages.
There is an online user list for each channel. You also can use IRC-like commands (especially '/who #channelname') to see who is chatting in other channels. Also, once again, you can set the 30 messages limit in the add-on options.

I don't understand why we need to "login" when we're already logged in to the forums.
That's the usual workflow for those who must display disclaimer messages (whether it's legally required for IM in their country or not). This page also displays a username field when you enable guest access permissions.

Response times are nice and quick. And noises, while annoying, are good in that you can turn them on / off per user.

And why does it come with its own smilies? TaigaChat was great because it was part of the forum, using the forum's ignore features and smilies. This seems to be "separate".

And yet channels are tied to available forums only and use their permissions - which is great by the way.
That's the point. AjaxChat is a separate software that runs aside the forum. First goal of this add-on is to integrate this software with XenForo. AjaxChat comes with default smilies and integrating XF smilies is possible but is not the main goal. More precisely, the 'bbcode' interpreter is ajaxchat's own, and bbcode behavior is globally different than your forum's. Modifying this means deeply modifying the integrated software.

I also can't figure out if it's possible to display it in the sidebar - being hidden along the top will mean nobody will notice it. Is a sidebar possible? If so, how?
There are widgets for XenPorta and WidgetFramework available in the package:
- shoutbox that you can display in sidebar ;
- online users list.
For XenPorta, you'll have to import the XML that I forgot in latest update (woops, will fix that soon). WidgetFramework's widgets should already be installed and you should only have to select the right WidgetRenderer.

I hope this will help clarify how the add-on works. Thanks for your comments.

That's the point. AjaxChat is a separate software that runs aside the forum. First goal of this add-on is to integrate this software with XenForo. AjaxChat comes with default smilies and integrating XF smilies is possible but is not the main goal. More precisely, the 'bbcode' interpreter is ajaxchat's own, and bbcode behavior is globally different than your forum's. Modifying this means deeply modifying the integrated software.
Ahh... I had wondered that.

I hope this will help clarify how the add-on works.
It does. We might give it another try on our forums later - especially if the message limit history is working now (it wasn't last version) and the sidebar works. We have TaigaChat Pro at the moment which is used constantly just because it's easily accessible, without having to "login" again.

Can you please update this file: https://github.com/JanKroepke/AJAX-...e517ec524/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatTemplate.php to the latest revision as to support PHP 5.5?
I replaced the entire thing and it works just fine.
This is a standard AjaxChat file. I'll report it to the author. In the meantime, you can backup your modified file to overwrite in future versions of the add-on as its unlikely that I'll modify it myself.

We might give it another try on our forums later - especially if the message limit history is working now (it wasn't last version) and the sidebar works.
Please let me know if it does not work as expected.

Would it be possible to make it an option to require login (way it is now) or just login automatically?

Thanks!
Ray

Since upgrading to the latest version, I've noticed this error reported in the logs:

Code:
Error Info

ErrorException: Fatal Error: require(): Failed opening required 'C:\123\httpdocs\chat/lib/lang/fa.php' (include_path='C:\123\httpdocs\chat/..//library;.;.;.\includes;.\pear') - C:\123\httpdocs\chat\lib\class\AJAXChat.php:2931
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 2:28 AM

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(40) "http://www.123.com/chat/?lang=fa"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["lang"] => string(2) "fa"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Would it be possible to make it an option to require login (way it is now) or just login automatically?

Thanks!
Ray

I'll have a look.

Since upgrading to the latest version, I've noticed this error reported in the logs:

Code:
Error Info

ErrorException: Fatal Error: require(): Failed opening required 'C:\123\httpdocs\chat/lib/lang/fa.php' (include_path='C:\123\httpdocs\chat/..//library;.;.;.\includes;.\pear') - C:\123\httpdocs\chat\lib\class\AJAXChat.php:2931
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 2:28 AM

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(40) "http://www.123.com/chat/?lang=fa"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["lang"] => string(2) "fa"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
It seems the Persian language (codenamed 'fa' in IS0 639-1) is missing. It isn't available in AJAX-Chat repository so I believe I'll have to remove it from the language selection menu...

Hello I wanted to comment on a failure I see, and a request to see if you can do:

The failure is
these two parts,

25ac340badbfe3f431c66a52323d9669.png
f1e5976321bbd4ea8fb35768d955f89b.png

b9e3542d60191edd16a9d2f5db6bf57b.png

only look good if you use the theme if you have another XenForo not look good.

and the request is the following I use a modified user CSS:

6e5d63b1e769bad7e9dec56cfacdbbf1.png

In taigachat seen them so users:
1efecf20d41ed131586908f452f11784.png

That could be implemented in this chat? so it does not look like this:

df3e3bbbdfbfb595611bebebc183ccc8.png

Hello,

I have a lot of followers on Shoutox, however Taiga begins to seriously ask me loading problems.

Is this mod can be better?

I can´t install this great looking addon. I got the following error message:

Error-Report: Access denied for user 'xyz6'@'localhost' to database 'ajax_chat' Error-Code: 1044

I can´t install this great looking addon. I got the following error message:

Error-Report: Access denied for user 'xyz6'@'localhost' to database 'ajax_chat' Error-Code: 1044

are you inputting the correct username and password for the database?

How can i add the "Who´s chatting now" in the sidebar?

Edit: Ive installed the widgetframework but after that, the chat doesnt work:

An exception occurred: mysqli::query(): Couldn't fetch mysqli in chat/lib/class/AJAXChatMySQLiQuery.php on line 23

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mysqli->query() in /chat/lib/class/AJAXChatMySQLiQuery.php at line 23
  3. AJAXChatMySQLiQuery->AJAXChatMySQLiQuery() in /chat/lib/class/AJAXChatMySQLiDataBase.php at line 77
  4. AJAXChatDataBaseMySQLi->sqlQuery() in /chat/lib/class/AJAXChatDataBase.php at line 65
  5. AJAXChatDataBase->sqlQuery() in chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php at line 1824
  6. AJAXChat->removeInactive() in /chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php at line 1886
  7. AJAXChat->checkAndRemoveInactive() in MODM/AJAXChat/Model/Chat.php at line 167
  8. MODM_AjaxChat_Model_Chat->checkAndRemoveInactive() in MODM/AJAXChat/WidgetRenderer/AjaxChatOnline.php at line 31
  9. MODM_AJAXChat_WidgetRenderer_AjaxChatOnline->_render() in WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php at line 668
  10. WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 352
  11. WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor() in WidgetFramework/Core.php at line 269
  12. WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor() in WidgetFramework/Listener.php at line 87
  13. WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render()
  14. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
  15. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
  16. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
  17. XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 119
  18. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 604
  19. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  20. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/syscp/webs/thendrich/ksf/public_html/index.php at line 13

When i deactivate the Widget Framework - Addon, it works.

Last edited:
So. After i played a bit with the settings and widgets it works fine.

If the Widget "online members" is visible when you are in the chat, the errormessage above appears. You must set the position to forum_list or something else but not to all.

Can you reproduce that?

Now i cant see the widget "online members" anymore. Only if i use the position "all" but not in "forum_list". :( Anyone an idea?

Top Bottom