[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo

[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo beta 2a

No permission to download
It's not yet possible via a direct link. Both users will have to log into chat and open a private channel (named after the username of one or the other).

So is this currently compatible with xf v1.2 for the people that have it already installed?

Also I tried to get the widget of this through bd widget framework, and it doesn't seem to work. The widget just does not show up.

Last edited:
So is this currently compatible with xf v1.2 for the people that have it already installed?

Also I tried to get the widget of this through bd widget framework, and it doesn't seem to work. The widget just does not show up.

Compatibility with 1.2 ha not yet been tested.

What widget did you try to use? Could you post the details of the widget config you used? What is the version of xenForo and Widget Framework you're testing this on?

@ManOnDaMoon I now checked this. Version [MODM] AJAX-Chat Integration for XenForo alpha 8 FULLY compatible with XenForo 1.2 beta 3. ;)
I guess, beta 1 compatable with 1.2 beta3 also.

Compatibility with 1.2 ha not yet been tested.

What widget did you try to use? Could you post the details of the widget config you used? What is the version of xenForo and Widget Framework you're testing this on?

Latest widget framework its the one with the b at the end. The one that is compatible with xf v1.2 and I am using v1.2 beta 3. I tried both the Ajax chat widgets. Furthermore when I try to login with my normal website account here domain.com/chat/ it doesn't accept my username or password either. I've made sure to put the database details and follow the instructions on here.

Latest widget framework its the one with the b at the end. The one that is compatible with xf v1.2 and I am using v1.2 beta 3. I tried both the Ajax chat widgets. Furthermore when I try to login with my normal website account here domain.com/chat/ it doesn't accept my username or password either. I've made sure to put the database details and follow the instructions on here.

I'm not yet testing this against 1.2. When this time comes, I'll be able to provide support with it. Even though @resonansER seems to be lucky on his own install, I'd need to have a closer look at this.

FWIW, the "Members online" widget may be only showing when people are online, and have the "View chat content" permission.

Hi, thanks for making this fantastic addon! We have used it briefly and everyone really likes it. We have run into an issue though. After working well for a while, we now get this error message when trying to connect to chat (clicking on I agree at the disclaimer):

Query: SELECT userID, userName, userRole, channel, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(dateTime) AS timeStamp, ip FROM `guilda7_ajaxChat`. ORDER BY userName; Error-Report: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY userName' at line 10 Error-Code: 1064

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling from a fresh download, creating a separate database for another install, and still have not been able to return to it working. Any thoughts or guidance?

Edit:
From looking at the databases, souldn't the query above be looking at the guilda7_ajaxChat.ajax_chat_online? If so, how can I correct that and any thoughts on why that is not working now when it was previously?

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for making this fantastic addon! We have used it briefly and everyone really likes it. We have run into an issue though. After working well for a while, we now get this error message when trying to connect to chat (clicking on I agree at the disclaimer):

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling from a fresh download, creating a separate database for another install, and still have not been able to return to it working. Any thoughts or guidance?
since it's not updated yet to work with xenforo 1.2.0 ;) thats why

Edit:
From looking at the databases, souldn't the query above be looking at the guilda7_ajaxChat.ajax_chat_online? If so, how can I correct that and any thoughts on why that is not working now when it was previously?

I'm aware of some issues with beta 1, not related to XF 1.2, but this one I am not aware of. I'll be able to have a look in a few hours. In the meantime, could you post your chat/lib/config.php file and a screenshot of your settings, or PM them to me? Be careful to mask or delete any sensible data (DB credentials, etc.).

Hi MOTM, after looking at the config.php file it appears that got corrupted somehow. I simply replaced it with the example template (and correct connection info) and now it's working correctly. Thanks for helping me find where I needed to go to fix it!

Hi MOTM, after looking at the config.php file it appears that got corrupted somehow. I simply replaced it with the example template (and correct connection info) and now it's working correctly. Thanks for helping me find where I needed to go to fix it!

OK. FYI, connection info in this file will be overriden by what's filled in you AJAX-Chat settings.

Hi,

just a little problem in 1.2. Sometimes a user has to login twice. The first time they kicked out directky. I cant find an error messages so i dont know why this is happening

This is very infrequent, but occasionally some clients won't see a login message when another user joins.

Some people see it, some people won't. I checked the messages in the database and the /login message is there.

Just wanted to let you know. Thank you for your work!

Warning: include(/home/website/domains/public_html/webcuoi/chat/lib/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/website/domains/public_html/webcuoi/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 50 Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/website/domainspublic_html/webcuoi/chat/lib/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/honnhann/domains/public_html/webcuoi/chat/..//library:.') in /home/website/domains/public_html/webcuoi/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 50 Error: Could not find a config.php file in "/home/website/domains/public_html/webcuoi/chat/"lib/". Check to make sure the file exists.

This is very infrequent, but occasionally some clients won't see a login message when another user joins.

Some people see it, some people won't. I checked the messages in the database and the /login message is there.

Just wanted to let you know. Thank you for your work!
Thanks for reporting. This is strange but could be explained by ajax requests failing for some reason. Do the members logging in appear in the online list?

Warning: include(/home/website/domains/public_html/webcuoi/chat/lib/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/website/domains/public_html/webcuoi/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 50 Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/website/domainspublic_html/webcuoi/chat/lib/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/honnhann/domains/public_html/webcuoi/chat/..//library:.') in /home/website/domains/public_html/webcuoi/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 50 Error: Could not find a config.php file in "/home/website/domains/public_html/webcuoi/chat/"lib/". Check to make sure the file exists.
Check the files and installation instructions, something is missing or is misplaced (especially the config.php file).

This looks fantastic. Is there any ETA on when this will be updated and developed with more frequent updates? Would donations help?

We installed TaigaChat a few days ago and it's worked really well, but doesn't have multiple channels and seems to lag a bit.

So we tried this. It's great that it has channels, but you lose the chat history every-time you switch to another one, you have no idea what's been said. You also can't see if anyone's in those channels.

Likewise if you click on ""Who's Chatting Now?" to see who's there, you lose the chat page and have to "login" again. And you lose the entire chat history. It should at least load the last 30 messages.

I don't understand why we need to "login" when we're already logged in to the forums.

Response times are nice and quick. And noises, while annoying, are good in that you can turn them on / off per user.

And why does it come with its own smilies? TaigaChat was great because it was part of the forum, using the forum's ignore features and smilies. This seems to be "separate".

And yet channels are tied to available forums only and use their permissions - which is great by the way.

I also can't figure out if it's possible to display it in the sidebar - being hidden along the top will mean nobody will notice it. Is a sidebar possible? If so, how?

Last edited:
Top Bottom