[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo

[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo beta 2a

No permission to download
Hi @ManOnDaMoon ,

first of all Thank you VERY much for this addon, since EVERYTHING works very well and flawlessly. :)
I have just one question:
How do I force an other style for the page?
Background: our "Powerchatusers" want the blck theme. Since the style chooser is removed/not integrated, I would do it by hand. but the config file just doesn't cut it.

@Mike @Brogan @Kier And I see that I would have to create a separate database, this is good isn't it? because if someone exploit or hacks it they would only have access to that database only, not the xenforo one?

@ManOnDaMoon, apparent language problem in add-on (and yes, @psx it was you!)
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: AJAXChat::getLang(): Failed opening required '/var/www/servelinux/chat/lib/lang/fa.php' (include_path='/var/www/servelinux/library:.:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') - chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php:2931
Generated By: psx, Today at 8:19 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "http://servinglinux.com/chat/shoutbox?lang=fa"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["/chat/shoutbox"] => string(0) ""
    ["lang"] => string(2) "fa"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Apparently looking for language denoted with fa?
@psx, what language do you have defined (apparently for your browser)?

@ManOnDaMoon, apparent language problem in add-on (and yes, @psx it was you!)
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: AJAXChat::getLang(): Failed opening required '/var/www/servelinux/chat/lib/lang/fa.php' (include_path='/var/www/servelinux/library:.:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') - chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php:2931
Generated By: psx, Today at 8:19 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(45) "http://servinglinux.com/chat/shoutbox?lang=fa"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["/chat/shoutbox"] => string(0) ""
    ["lang"] => string(2) "fa"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Apparently looking for language denoted with fa?
@psx, what language do you have defined (apparently for your browser)?
Yeah :) it was me, I was testing it. I have English United Kingdom

Yeah :) it was me, I was testing it. I have English United Kingdom

Found what the problem was... the fa.php was not included in the add-on. Just went to the AjaxChat site and downloaded the normal version and grabbed it from there.

Found what the problem was... the fa.php was not included in the add-on. Just went to the AjaxChat site and downloaded the normal version and grabbed it from there.
Do you use a separate database and have you tried the testing release?

@ManOnDaMoon This addon needs developing further. Thanks

It's working fine. One thing is missing: There should be an option to display users in the chat in a sidebar to engage visits to the chat. Hiding them under "Who is chatting" doesn't make sense because it takes the same effort to check into the chat room.

Is there a way to show chatting users in every forum/thread?

Yup, you should be able to add the included widget in the sidebar using the Widget Framework add-on. A block is also available if you are using the XenPorta add-on.

Yes it will have 1.3 support. Have you tested it with 1.3 yet? I'm not aware of any major issue with 1.3.
EDIT:

Okay, I figured out the widget aspect of this by adding it manually but I haven't figured out how to get this to show up integrated like TaigaChat. Anyone?

Last edited:
Hey there @ManOnDaMoon ! I love your implementation of Ajax Chat, its really awesome and fits great into my site.
8ij9l.png

I'd like to however, change the colors of these buttons and make it fit better with my theme. I tried changing the active theme in the PHP but it didn't appear to make any changes at all, and I can't seem to find any hints on google about how to work with this. Since its on XenForo I imagine there are some differences as well. I'd appreciate any help in this matter, thank you!

Is it possible to request for you to make the WidgetFrameWork Widget to look Identical to the screen shot below?
3a0bca8bb60190290f0e21829cc0b216.png

Another request, If say the user is logged into the forums already can we add a check so that the user doesn't have to logout of the chat. In other words where it says "Log Out" in the screen shot above, instead of that corresponding to the chatbox only make it linked to forum account so if they log out of chat, respectively it would log out of the forum account too.

Well, it's working great except thing as multiple rooms opened in same time (but there is a mod to handle that well). How can we install mods with Ajax Chat on XenForo?

Top Bottom