XF 1.4 Modifying the default RSS output

What specifically?

XenForo retrieves the content from the RSS file which is usually in HTML, we then convert it to BB code and then post that. Not all HTML can be converted to BB code so some formatting is lost (deliberately).

What specifically?

XenForo retrieves the content from the RSS file which is usually in HTML, we then convert it to BB code and then post that. Not all HTML can be converted to BB code so some formatting is lost (deliberately).
Just the formatting. Specifically, the RSS stream includes in the content section a trailing link to the article, which is not needed as the title can act as the link. It looks messy and I want to remove it. But not sure where this is controlled from?

Sorry, are we talking about the Registered Feeds feature in the Admin CP?

I assumed we were, but just want to be sure so I give you the right info.

Sorry, are we talking about the Registered Feeds feature in the Admin CP?

I assumed we were, but just want to be sure so I give you the right info.

Sorry, no. I'm talking about the RSS feed that Xenforo outputs. As in, the feed I would see if I clicked on the little orange box in the bottom right hand corner of this page.

OK, that's my bad, sorry.

The only real solution to that is to increase the value of the discussionRssContentLength option to something which is higher than the maximumMessageLength option. This might be problematic, though, if you don't want the entire post content to appear in the RSS feed.

That would cause the content to not be trimmed, and therefore not have the additional link appended to it.

OK, that's my bad, sorry.

The only real solution to that is to increase the value of the discussionRssContentLength option to something which is higher than the maximumMessageLength option. This might be problematic, though, if you don't want the entire post content to appear in the RSS feed.

That would cause the content to not be trimmed, and therefore not have the additional link appended to it.
Ahh, so besides messing around with core code, there's no way to prevent the addition of the final link except as detailed above?

Top Bottom