Moderators and Custom Titles

saucylost

I noticed an old thread indicating that moderators could not add a custom title, only edit one already there. Is that still current or has it been updated? I need my mods to be able to updated custom titles.

Here is what I am seeing. I have a test mod and a test user. The mod attempted to edit the profile's custom title and it is not visible to change. If there was a previous title there it would allow for the field to be visible to edit. This user does not have an image also and so the mod is unable to add an image for her. If she had an image the mod is able to update the avatar.

Picture1.webp Picture2.webp Picture3.webp

Now, I went in as an admin and edited the avatar and custom title for the moose profile. I did not edit any permissions for trollface. I refreshed the page for trollface and now he can edit the AV and custom title.

Picture4.webp

Do you have Never set for the 'Edit custom title' permission for the member?

It must be a permissions issue - in a standard set up a moderator can edit a custom title regardless of whether there is one set or not.

I do not have any "never" permissions set.

Here is the permissions analyze for the custom title setting, as you can see he should be able to. He is able to set his own custom title with this setting enabled but not another member.

Picture5.webp

Last edited:
The moderator user editing is mostly based around the concept of dealing with bad actions and cleaning them up. Generally, if the user themselves can't edit the field and they haven't set a value, the moderator won't be able to give them one (but they'd be able to clean one if it were set).

Yes, I see how it is designed to assist in simply removing content and enforcing rules. I had hoped I could get assistance from moderators to add verifications and assist with avatar uploads. Would this be something that could possibly be edited in the program so that a mod would have permissions to do that?

Yes, I see how it is designed to assist in simply removing content and enforcing rules. I had hoped I could get assistance from moderators to add verifications and assist with avatar uploads. Would this be something that could possibly be edited in the program so that a mod would have permissions to do that?
You could add trusted moderators as administrators, giving them access to the ACP, but limiting their permissions to Manage users and moderators, though this may give them more permissions than you want them to have.

At this time I have appointed moderators to help with removing inappropriate content but I'll just accept that they can not edit the custom tags or avatars. There are not enough members to need help with profiles actually. There are a lot more posts made than I can read though so help is needed to keep up and make sure some things get removed.

Top Bottom