Add regular expression validation for custom titles

b94

There is a "Disallowed Custom Titles" blacklist, but it doesn't work well as there is a near infinite number of permutations that use similar looking unicode characters. Users can exploit this to impersonate moderators, pretend to be banned etc.

Would it be possible for this to be expanded to have regex validation in addition to the blacklist, like with user name validation?

Upvote 3
This would help, but there will always be methods of users abusing customer user titles. It's one of the reasons I usually don't offer them, and had the custom user title add-on made by @Ozzy47, as then I can give options for titles while also giving users the ability to choose what they like.

This would help, but there will always be methods of users abusing customer user titles. It's one of the reasons I usually don't offer them, and had the custom user title add-on made by @Ozzy47, as then I can give options for titles while also giving users the ability to choose what they like.
Yeah, we've restricted custom titles to a certain post count and account age to limit the ability of abuse. It's a popular feature and the minimal abuse we see is mostly mild trolling.

The same applies for usernames, avatars, signatures etc. though. The username+blacklist isn't perfect but in practice works quite well, adding the same for custom titles would make it consistent.

Top Bottom