Moderator Checkpoint System [Deleted]

@Stuart Wright and @Chris D ,
I´ld like to request a maintenance and I hope you could consider this. MCS is working almost perfectly for default XenForo installations and I just love it, since it provides vital moderation functions XenForo hasn´t built-in out of the box. In that terms I agree with Alfa, that MCS should be soaked into the XenForo core. There are just a handful add-ons I´ld consider indispensable for running forums nowadays - but IMO, this is one of them. Especially in view of the drastically tightened data protection regulations, the increasing number of lawsuits against forum operators and the facebook-like behaviour of some users, which is otherwise often discovered much too late. - But that´s just me.

Regarding the maintenance: using add-ons that introduce a comment system, MCS can´t handle those as it seems. In my case it´s [TH] Comments . The comments can be posted, but with MCS enabled they just disappear from view in the thread. They are still available via the "Your content" page, but they are not showing up in the threads. Since comment systems seem to become quite popular, any chance you could make MCS supporting those?

(Informally: @Dalton Prock , @Lukas W. )

@Stuart Wright and @Chris D ,
Regarding the maintenance: using add-ons that introduce a comment system, MCS can´t handle those as it seems. In my case it´s [TH] Comments . The comments can be posted, but with MCS enabled they just disappear from view in the thread. They are still available via the "Your content" page, but they are not showing up in the threads. Since comment systems seem to become quite popular, any chance you could make MCS supporting those?

(Informally: @Dalton Prock , @Lukas W. )
Three issues here.
First. there is no advantage to me to have this done as I don't use TH Threads. And adding this functionality wouldn't generate enough revenue (any revenue?) to offset the development cost. So you (or someone else) would have to pay for the development for it.
Second I'm worried that there might be some bloat in the addon which might slow it down on AVForums. This can't happen.
Third, Chris D would have to do the work and is very busy and may not want to take the project on and certainly is unlikely to deliver it particularly quickly.

Three issues here.
First. there is no advantage to me to have this done as I don't use TH Threads. And adding this functionality wouldn't generate enough revenue (any revenue?) to offset the development cost. So you (or someone else) would have to pay for the development for it.
Second I'm worried that there might be some bloat in the addon which might slow it down on AVForums. This can't happen.
Third, Chris D would have to do the work and is very busy and may not want to take the project on and certainly is unlikely to deliver it particularly quickly.
I was afraid the economist would answer, even when I understand your points. But that leaves me with the question (sorry, when I am now somehow abusing your thread with this, but I just don´t know where it would fit more apropriate) which add-ons to drop. Since MCS is to vital, regarding proper moderation, it seems to be up to the developers of third party add-ons using a comment-style system, to make their add-ons compatible to MCS. @ThemeHouse , any chance you could have a look into?

Top Bottom