Lack of interest Moderator approval option for edits

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Moderator approval option for edits would be helpful in managing resource updates.
Describe your situation. Are you using the RM in a non-standard way ?

What you are saying is that the person who originally posted a resource .... needs approval to update it.
Weaknesses:
- resource adders might not like it.
- resource updates could be delayed
- many sites likely have low rates of RM update abuse.

Strengths:
- should be easy to do.
- intuitive idea.

Maybe someone like @Waindigo could start a package of "RM extensions" like Syndol's "essentials" addons and a request like this would be added :)

If the written content of the resources are a major addition to your RM and over time it gets lots of attention, what happens when an author has a fit over something and decides to edit all the important information out? There is no way to moderate edits to revert back to the original.

Some of us are using the RM for tutorials, business listings, articles, tangible products, reviews of different sorts that do not fall under the downloads options. The content of those resources are important. Written content is the main course of a website for SEO and your end-users.

I would like to ensure that all edits are reviewed before they go live or reverted. For my needs, the admins will be the only ones adding resources. We would like to be able to assign those resources to the owner they relate to so they could update content when necessary. However, as stated above, those edits will need to be moderated to help with abuse of power.

If not the entire resource, then at least custom fields.

I just had a user on my site, have a fit over a bad review on one of his tutorials. So he decided to "edit" all his tutorials and remove all the content. This was useful information now permanently lost. Needless to say there was nothing any of us could do to stop what happened. I have no way to recover this data without resorting to backups. This sucks

I would like to suggest the following to solve this problem:
  • Edit / Update Resource should be two separate permissions and not combined. That way I can still allow updates, but if I choose, NOT allow edits.

• The ability to edit your Resource should have an optional "time limit" similar to what is used with message posting now.

• I am also all for an option for the moderator to approve all "edits"

I just had a user on my site, have a fit over a bad review on one of his tutorials. So he decided to "edit" all his tutorials and remove all the content. This was useful information now permanently lost. Needless to say there was nothing any of us could do to stop what happened. I have no way to recover this data without resorting to backups. This sucks

I would like to suggest the following to solve this problem:
  • Edit / Update Resource should be two separate permissions and not combined. That way I can still allow updates, but if I choose, NOT allow edits.

• The ability to edit your Resource should have an optional "time limit" similar to what is used with message posting now.

• I am also all for an option for the moderator to approve all "edits"

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to your site. This is exactly what we want to prevent on our site beforehand.

I agree with your additional suggestions. Hopefully the next RM update will have moderating options to help us. We can wish.

Top Bottom