XF 2.2 Moderating user - Can't find the answer

ALJW

No matter how I searched, I can't find the answer to this.

How do I moderate ONE user? I don't want to put her on discouraged, but I want to monitor (approve) ANY posts or replies she makes. She's a complainer and sometimes a troublemaker but not enough to be banned.

This needs to be site wide, so that if she tries to post OR replies, then I have to approve it and no one else sees it.

I don't want to put the entire forum on moderated, too much involved and it would stop activity.

I looked at her profile and the only permissions options are yes or no....

Thoughts? Help??

For just one user, you can set user-specific "Submit content without approval" to Never.

Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 09-01-23 Edit user owl Pipe Smokers Den - Admin control panel.png

On our forum we have a "Moderation Queue" user group which has this set to Never, and to moderate a user we just add them to the Moderation Queue user group. This way you can also set up a warning that adds moderation for a specified amount of time (by adding them to the Mod Queue group and removing them automatically when the time expires). This warning can also be set by moderators (if you do it with just user permissions it has to be done by an admin). We also put new users in this group until they have five posts, so having a Mod Queue group can be very useful.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 08-53-57 Edit user owl Pipe Smokers Den - Admin control panel.webp
    Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 08-53-57 Edit user owl Pipe Smokers Den - Admin control panel.webp
    2.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Two ways of doing this.
Set up a user group and call it whatever you want and under General Permissions set Submit content without approval to never, then assign them to that group.

The other option is to go into that actual user profile and in permissions perform the same function.. the issue with doing it per user is you will have to maintain a list somewhere of who has had that done, whereas using a user group is easier.

Top Bottom