moderating tools

majdi

we always focus on the backend (mainly admin panel) and frontend (users side) however we keep -forgetting- a very important wheel of the machine that is the moderating team
what tools will moderators have to manage a community built on xF?

Tools that work. From the demo I saw it works, and works well. Moderators will be able to learn it quickly, and use it easily and save time.

One thing I am hoping is a huge departure from vBulletin is how moderated posts are handled.

In vBulletin, moderated posts:
  • Instantly disappear, confusing and angering users
  • Do not always show up in search results for "New Posts"
  • Have an extremely subtle effect which I even miss sometimes. A tiny MSN-like icon in the lower right corner... really?
  • Are only displayed as a notification in the AdminCP.
Hopefully in XenForo, moderated posts:
  • Remain visible to the user/poster, with a notice that this post is Pending.
  • Always appear under New Posts, and must be forcibly marked read.
  • Have a more prominent CSS graphical effect, such as a different color background, jagged paper edge on the right, etc.
  • Display to moderators and admins as an Alert.

1. Moderated posts are always displayed to the user that posted them. (Unless it was a guest, of course.)
  2. The post displays an orange bar at the top saying it's not visible. Similar to deleted posts when you actually try to view them. The thread list item had a more noticeable view, but I think it may have changed with some CSS changes.
  3. They wouldn't show up in new posts as that's dependent on last post date and read state.
  4. Kier showed a clip of it elsewhere, but the count of moderated items is displayed on every page in the "moderator bar" and all outstanding posts can be managed from there.

Ack, I was about to post that screenie that answered one of my issues:

moderator-bar-png.926

View attachment 926

Great news on your other responses. ;) Again, thinking of the user instead of "What we've always done".

Top Bottom