Missing option to leave reason when deleting content via the mod approval queue. Integrate with warning reasons and rules

MaximilianKohler

SS:
delete content.webp

You have to click into the thread and then click delete for the option to show up:
in thread delete.webp

Also, I took time to set up a bunch of rule citations and removal reasons when issuing warnings:
warning reasons.webp

But there is no way to cite those reasons/rules when removing/denying content. I think the removal & warning systems need to be more integrated. Maybe a drop-down menu or popup where we can select some preset rules/removal reasons.

If you're familiar with R*ddit's /r/toolbox addon & mod queue, that provides a much more streamlined process. You click "remove" and then select the reason. I think that clicking "remove" should bring up the same options as "warn" to cite a rule/reason. You could then have a checkbox to also give the user a warning.

Upvote 19
And now I'm doubtful that option even notifies the user. That seems to be an internal reason. And the external/public reasons look different:
notify author.webp

IE: "notify author of reason". And it only seems to show up if I approve the comment first, which I absolutely do NOT want to do.

This is really bad if there is no way for me to inform people when and why their content was removed.

I am generally a fan of providing reasoning and that's why I added the option to force mods to have to give a reason when deleting content. The challenge here is that approval queue is meant to be managed in mass. You might have different reasons for deleting two different post and I don't know how I could give the mod the option to under a reason unless it applies to everything they are acting upon.

I agree that we need to have a reason box when deleting posts in the mod queue.
Members need information from the moderator as to why their post has been deleted.
And the member will likely ask why it's been deleted if no reason has been given.
There is a reason when deleting normally.

So when deleting an inappropriate post in the mod queue, the moderators have to open the post in a separate tab, approve the post in the queue, refresh the other tab and then delete with a reason.

So yes, please, let's have a reason box for deleting in the mod queue.

I usually give a reason.
I tell them they’ve reached strike two which is fully explained to them.
Gave someone on my forum a week off because of their comments towards me.

There is a text box that will say give reason if you have spam.
But if the post is in a mod queue and it is not spam (say it's an area that you are moderating posts/threads via the advanced options in the node definition), I don't think that box is present.

Screen Shot 2023-12-31 at 8.21.54 PM.webp

Top Bottom