1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moderating tools

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by majdi, Aug 15, 2010.

1. majdi

majdi Well-Known Member

we always focus on the backend (mainly admin panel) and frontend (users side) however we keep -forgetting- a very important wheel of the machine that is the moderating team
    what tools will moderators have to manage a community built on xF?

2. Floris

Floris Guest

Tools that work. From the demo I saw it works, and works well. Moderators will be able to learn it quickly, and use it easily and save time.

3. majdi

majdi Well-Known Member

we need more details, like what kind of tools, will there be anything revolutionary?

4. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I'm not sure there is anything revolutionary... and the tools are standard tools.

5. Floris

Floris Guest

Keep an eye on the forum "have you seen", when it's time for the team to publish something they will most likely publish it there.

6. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

It'd be nice if moderators had additional abilities, to give them more control of a moderated forum.

7. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Example....

8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

The tools are very easy to find and use. That's all I can say, as this will be the subject of a 'Have You Seen..." post from either Kier or Mike.

9. majdi

majdi Well-Known Member

can't a mod here make a topic about it in Have You Seen ? of course with Kier and Mike's blessing

10. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Nope. It's their place, being the developers of the software. I'm sure there are features that we haven't even found yet.

11. feldon30

feldon30 Well-Known Member

One thing I am hoping is a huge departure from vBulletin is how moderated posts are handled.

In vBulletin, moderated posts:
    • Instantly disappear, confusing and angering users
    • Do not always show up in search results for "New Posts"
    • Have an extremely subtle effect which I even miss sometimes. A tiny MSN-like icon in the lower right corner... really?
    • Are only displayed as a notification in the AdminCP.
    Hopefully in XenForo, moderated posts:
    • Remain visible to the user/poster, with a notice that this post is Pending.
    • Always appear under New Posts, and must be forcibly marked read.
    • Have a more prominent CSS graphical effect, such as a different color background, jagged paper edge on the right, etc.
    • Display to moderators and admins as an Alert.

12. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

1. Moderated posts are always displayed to the user that posted them. (Unless it was a guest, of course.)
    2. The post displays an orange bar at the top saying it's not visible. Similar to deleted posts when you actually try to view them. The thread list item had a more noticeable view, but I think it may have changed with some CSS changes.
    3. They wouldn't show up in new posts as that's dependent on last post date and read state.
    4. Kier showed a clip of it elsewhere, but the count of moderated items is displayed on every page in the "moderator bar" and all outstanding posts can be managed from there.

ChrisR and Abomination like this.
  13. feldon30

feldon30 Well-Known Member

Ack, I was about to post that screenie that answered one of my issues:

[​IMG]
    View attachment 926

Great news on your other responses. ;) Again, thinking of the user instead of "What we've always done".

14. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Nice to see it.

15. DaKat

DaKat Well-Known Member

I think my moderators will like it.

16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I know I do.

17. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

tease

:p

18. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. captainslater

captainslater Well-Known Member

That looks great!

20. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

I hope moderator permissions like 'can lock, can merge, can ban' etc. are done in a nice way too.

DaKat and TrixieTang like this.