1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moderate users first set of posts

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by tenants, Feb 9, 2012.

1. tenants

tenants Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a plug-in to moderate all users "1st set of posts"

I'm expecting a small wave of manually registered users to add spam (not bots, but real users)

What I would like is for all users, when they 1st post, all of their posts to get moderated (before becoming publically visible).

Only if x posts (say 5), get approved by moderators, they then get the status of "non spam user", and can post without moderation

It would also be nice to have a "trust user" button for all of the users that have not been selected as trusted yet (you may not need to see 5 posts to trust most users)

I couldn't really figure out a way to do this with the existing user groups/permissions

If this isn't currently available, I'm going to start writing this mod now

Let me know if this is [existing / a needed add-on / not worth it]

2. steel_curtain

steel_curtain Well-Known Member

Look at the example promotion. It's pretty much exactly what you're looking for, and if there's someone you want to promote early simply add them to the secondary group manually.

tenants likes this.
  3. tenants

tenants Well-Known Member

Great, thanks... it's already there:

It did feel that it was something that promotions was designed for, I just wasn't sure how to set it up

I didnt really know what "Follow message moderation rules" did