Moderate users first set of posts

tenants

Does anyone know of a plug-in to moderate all users "1st set of posts"

I'm expecting a small wave of manually registered users to add spam (not bots, but real users)

What I would like is for all users, when they 1st post, all of their posts to get moderated (before becoming publically visible).

Only if x posts (say 5), get approved by moderators, they then get the status of "non spam user", and can post without moderation

It would also be nice to have a "trust user" button for all of the users that have not been selected as trusted yet (you may not need to see 5 posts to trust most users)

I couldn't really figure out a way to do this with the existing user groups/permissions

If this isn't currently available, I'm going to start writing this mod now

Let me know if this is [existing / a needed add-on / not worth it]

Great, thanks... it's already there:

For the purposes of this example, all members will have their first five posts pre-moderated. After that they will be promoted into a new user group which will allow them to post freely. This is a typical use for user group promotions, to allow moderators to vet all initial posts by new members and catch any potential spammers.

The first step is to configure the Registered user group with the base permissions all members will have. As we want all members to be pre-moderated initially, then the permission Follow message moderation rules must be set to Not Set (No).

It did feel that it was something that promotions was designed for, I just wasn't sure how to set it up

I didnt really know what "Follow message moderation rules" did

Top Bottom