Mocha Style 2.0

No permission to download

TheGroove

TheGroove submitted a new resource:

Mocha Style - A nice light colored theme with a coffee shop feel

Mocha Style
  • A light colored coffee themed style
  • No template edits - some CSS additions
  • Preview can be seen here a more extended preview with heavier customizations can be seen here (note this is customized for my site but can provide the code if interested)
  • For xenForo 2.2, the style has been exported as an "archive" so simply import the ".zip file" only.
Installation...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, TheGroove I like your theme very much, do you think you will be coming out with any more light color theme grey done the right way is very neutral and can be very nice?

I like this style. It has become the default on a site I recently acquired. I changed it up a bit to give it more of that mocha/latte feel.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I imported as per the instructions and the Mocha style does show up in the Styles section and is turned on. It is selectable in Preferences, but when I select the style, nothing changes except the header reverts to the XenForo header. The look of the site remains as the default Xenforo style. When I look at Style Properties for the Mocha Style, for any of the style properties, there is NOTHING in any of the properties. They all look like this:

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 7.23.58 AM.webp

Any idea what the problem might be? (Full Disclosure - I'm still pretty new at XenForm having moved from VB)

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I imported as per the instructions and the Mocha style does show up in the Styles section and is turned on. It is selectable in Preferences, but when I select the style, nothing changes except the header reverts to the XenForo header. The look of the site remains as the default Xenforo style. When I look at Style Properties for the Mocha Style, for any of the style properties, there is NOTHING in any of the properties. They all look like this:

View attachment 251238

Any idea what the problem might be? (Full Disclosure - I'm still pretty new at XenForm having moved from VB)
Interesting, it acts like it didn't get fully installed, all of those properties should be populated. Can you try to install again?

Interesting, it acts like it didn't get fully installed, all of those properties should be populated. Can you try to install again?
Ok, I tried again from scratch - same result. I made a video (short) to show how I did the install in case this is helpful.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ok, I tried again from scratch - same result. I made a video (short) to show how I did the install in case this is helpful.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Okay, I wonder if there's an addon that may be causing this, can you try disabling them all and then attempting again? Here's another thread where this same thing happened for reference.

I disabled all my add-ons and tried again - same result.

Here are some other notes from Brogan on this:
Ensure the data and internal_data directories have recursive 0777 permissions.
Other than that, it could be an ownership issue so may require chown'ing.
Your host can assist with that.

It's definitely not normal, it seems like a permission on the server is likely preventing it.

Well, I recursively set Data and internal_data dirs to 0777 and re-imported the style - no joy - none of the Style Properties are being imported. The Templates are, however, all there. Weird. However, I just noticed an error in my server error log (in the ACP) and maybe this is related?

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes)
src/XF/Mvc/Entity/ValueFormatter.php:17

Code:
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Code:
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(34) "/community/admin.php?tools/run-job"
["referrer"] => string(65) "https://www.REDACTED.com/community/admin.php?styles/import"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["only_id"] => string(3) "614"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(34) "/community/admin.php?styles/import"
["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Any ideas what would cause this and how to address?

Update - SUCCESS! I just upgraded to the latest Xenfor (2.2.5) (I was using the previous version) and then tried to add this style and it worked!

Top Bottom