XF 1.3 Mobile version

Robust

WGD3lyA.png

The mobile version of my site has elements floating around for a few seconds before falling into place a few seconds later. Also missing the logo. I don't understand why. It doesn't happen on the official XenForo site.

https://www.gamingforums.net is my website.

I just checked on a couple of devices and it just seems to be a slow server.
You may need to optimise it or upgrade to a better server.
Contact your host and they should be able to help.

I just checked on a couple of devices and it just seems to be a slow server.
You may need to optimise it or upgrade to a better server.
Contact your host and they should be able to help.
2GB RAM on RamNode, I used to use OVH and didn't experience this issue there, and when I went to ramnode I started experiencing it initially. I went back to OVH as a test earlier on and it was the same issue basically, no fix, OVH I have a 4GB RAM VPS with them.

I use CloudFlare, cache, lots of compression settings on cloudflare, gzip etc and my initial assumption was cloudflare may be the cause, but I paused it and the issue persisted, I made sure the traffic was bypassing cloudflare via an IP check, and it was.

I don't understand the issue really.

I can't say I'm seeing any particular issues in Chrome on my desktop -- looking at the network trace, it looks reasonable.

However, you have CloudFlare enabled along with some of it's optimizations/manipulations like RocketScript, so you're changing how XenForo works and renders with that.

I can't say I'm seeing any particular issues in Chrome on my desktop -- looking at the network trace, it looks reasonable.

However, you have CloudFlare enabled along with some of it's optimizations/manipulations like RocketScript, so you're changing how XenForo works and renders with that.
Occurs only on mobile devices, all over the site including admin.php

I'll disable RocketLoader, but I've tried disabling CloudFlare and the issue persisted.

Edit: Disabling RocketLoader didn't help.

It looks fine to me from East Texas on my iPhone 5s, iPhone 5 and my iPad mini. The only problem I saw was the date on XenPorta is getting cut off on the left.

Just to provide an explanation for others in case they stumble across this thread, it was image compression and Migrate 2 that was causing it, two CloudFlare features that work perfectly on PC, but not so good on mobiles.

Also just want to say a big thanks to the XenForo Staff Team. I don't understand how you guys do it, tickets, support threads, threads in general, I see you guys flying around everywhere and you've probably still got a life off here. You guys must have good commitment, because personally I'm not sure I could do that. One thing is for sure, you guys definitely have the best support and community here than any other forum software I've used or seen. Quality, timely. And of course all of these addons and wide range of work that takes time to maintain. Thank you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom