• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mobile (iPhone & Android) Apps

Martok

No. XenForo has responsive design built in, adapting to the screen size. Try this site on your phone to see this in action.

it would just be really nice if there was a way to have an icon that a user puts on their phone that would launch the website – it doesn't have to be an app but just something that sits on their list of apps that they could click to go directly to the site

Mouth

it would just be really nice if there was a way to have an icon that a user puts on their phone that would launch the website
There's an add-on for that. Auto prompts the user to add it. Can't locate it right now, but it's there.

Last edited:

Martok

Err... don't think you need an add-on for it to work with an iPhone/iPad.
Or indeed an Android device.

To add an icon, if you're using Chrome for Android (or iPhone/iPad), open the browser menu and tap the Add to Home screen option.

It'll probably be something similar with Safari.

Tracy Perry

You don't need one, but if you want users to be prompted to add it ... there's an add-on for it.
I'd get annoyed as hell if I was a user and that popped up every time I visited - especially if I had already done it.
Different strokes for different folks - you could do the same basic thing with a notice - and make that able to be dismissed.