Mirror Images

Mirror Images [Paid] 1.3.0

No permission to buy ($25.00)

Naz

XenForo developer
Staff member
NixFifty submitted a new resource:

Mirror Images - Automatically convert hot linked images to attachments.

This add-on will automatically mirror hot linked images in posts and store them as attachments instead. This effectively preserves the quality and overall value of content in the case that the original image host is closed down or otherwise inaccessible.

A rebuild tool is also bundled within the add-on that can be accessed via the admin panel or via the command line to retrospectively mirror images linked in posts that were submitted before this add-on was installed.

This add-on was...

Read more about this resource...

I'm sorry if this is a bit of a noob question but what's the difference/benefit between using this and image proxy?

I'm sorry if this is a bit of a noob question but what's the difference/benefit between using this and image proxy?
It really depends on what your individual goals & needs are. In this case a 'mirror' type add-on like this will retrieve hotlinked images embedded with the img BB code and convert them to actual post attachments whereas the image proxy will leave them as embedded images.

@NixFifty
I'm interested in this add-on for a forum with a lot of hotlinked images. Is there a way to limit its action to the first post of a thread?

Also, how does the rebuild tool handle images that are unavailable (status code 4xx/5xx)?

Is this equivalent to Mick's Metamirror at all?? (https://xenforo.com/community/resources/metamirror.2117/) ??
If so, is there any way of importing/aligning the data from Metamirror at all please???
Looking over at the other add-on, it does the same basic functionality but "MetaMirror" has more options.

This add-on from NF, at the moment, will look for IMG tags of hotlinked images and then pulls in the image, creates a local attachment, and changes the IMG to an ATTACH tag (full). This happens during the IMG render so as new hotlinked images are posted they'll be converted. For existing images there's an option in the 'tools' menu. All of the actions takes place invisible to the user.
I have my old Metamirror log if needed....
There's no logs used with this add-on.

Anyone tested this with BD Attachment Store of xfrocks?
Thanks.
Unfortunately, I just tested and it didn't work.
Images was fetch fine and stored on the server but with Unassociated status.

Not sure who should I contact to fix the issue?

Installed, thanks.
So no addon option to configure right?
Yeah, just works out of the box though there's a command line / admin panel tool to fetch images retroactively.
Unfortunately, I just tested and it didn't work.
Images was fetch fine and stored on the server but with Unassociated status.

Not sure who should I contact to fix the issue?
You can open a ticket here and I can look in to it with you as I'm not overly familiar with what that other add-on does.

Reactions: rdn
I just purchased this hoping that it would work with @Bob AMS, which it does not seem to do.

Do you have any suggestions?

As it says in the resource description, it only works on posts. Feel free to start a conversation with me if you'd like to fund AMS support.

As it says in the resource description, it only works on posts. Feel free to start a conversation with me if you'd like to fund AMS support.
my bad.. even though they are labeled as “articles” I just viewed them as posts just presented in a different way.

Top Bottom