• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Minimum Number of Posts to Post Links in posts, threads&signatures

I have deleted my original post as it has come to my attention that the developer may have felt such response was inappropriate in his thread. I meant no disrespect. My opinion does still stand, however it should never have been included in this thread and for that, I sincerely apologize.

And *****ing about it will make him what? make it free? sheesh just don't reply simple...

Thanks borbole :) you have been busy lately (y)

I've just deleted a few more posts about pricing and whether or not it's good for the community.
This is despite my earlier post.

If you don't want to pay for the add-on then don't.
Any further posts about pricing, etc. in any add-on threads will be deleted.

If anyone wants to start a general discussion about the issue then they are free to do so in the feedback forum:
http://xenforo.com/community/forums/xenforo-pre-sales-and-feedback.5/

That avoids the problem of any one add-on thread being derailed and also gives all developers and members the chance to comment.

I would like to ask, can we set a different minimum for posting links, signature and so on... From, the screen shot I am getting the impression that there is only 1 threshold setting for all.

I would like to ask, can we set a different minimum for posting links, signature and so on... From, the screen shot I am getting the impression that there is only 1 threshold setting for all.

Your impression is correct. Atm it is only one minimum post number for all. But it will not be hard to set different post numbers separately for the signatures and pm's.

I have deleted my original post as it has come to my attention that the developer may have felt such response was inappropriate in his thread. I meant no disrespect. My opinion does still stand, however it should never have been included in this thread and for that, I sincerely apologize.

It is ok. I deleted my response to your post as well. :)

Yep, me too... just sent of to Borbole to buy this myself. I have a lot of anti-spam features installed, which cull spam significantly, but at the end of the day, spammers still register to advertise themselves manually, and this will stop that a little further again...

I would even like to see something like image attachments stopped as well, which stops them uploading a big advert into their posts until x posts.

Hello Borbole

Can this be used to

1. Check for email address, images in addition with links?
2. Check for all of the above in Profile posts as well?
3. Was the edit bug fixed?

If I can get a yes to all the three questions above I will purchase immediately.

Hello Borbole

Can this be used to

1. Check for email address, images in addition with links?
2. Check for all of the above in Profile posts as well?
3. Was the edit bug fixed?

If I can get a yes to all the three questions above I will purchase immediately.

1) Yes, it will prevent email addresses and image links as well from being posted by users with less posts set by the admin.

2) No, atm it doesn't prevent links in profile posts.

3) Yes, the bug edits have been fixed a long time ago. I simply forgot to update the post here.

I use Jaxels utility mod that he posted, which you can run checks for profile and account spam from the ACP. Between this stopping new member spam and Jaxels mod covering profiles and accounts overall... I rarely see spam at all... the system is nearly bulletproof.

I set this mod to 25 posts... as that is painful enough for spammers to just move on.

1) Yes, it will prevent email addresses and image links as well from being posted by users with less posts set by the admin.

2) No, atm it doesn't prevent links in profile posts.

3) Yes, the bug edits have been fixed a long time ago. I simply forgot to update the post here.

I use Jaxels utility mod that he posted, which you can run checks for profile and account spam from the ACP. Between this stopping new member spam and Jaxels mod covering profiles and accounts overall... I rarely see spam at all... the system is nearly bulletproof.

I set this mod to 25 posts... as that is painful enough for spammers to just move on.

I have Jaxel's utility mod. The problem I am seeing is that spammer's register on the site. Then immediately go to the members list page and start spamming by profile posts on all OTHER member's posts dropping email addresses. So as far as I know (and please correct me if I am wrong) Jason's mod does not check for spam profile posts on other people's profiles made by spammers. That is why I am requesting borbole here if he could make an addition for checking profile posts by new members on any member's page.

Top Bottom