1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Minimum Number of Posts to Post Links in posts, threads&signatures

Discussion in 'Commercial Resources and Add-ons [Archive]' started by borbole, Apr 19, 2011.

1. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

With this mod you will be able to set a minimum number of posts for your users in order for them to post links in posts, when creating threads, adding signatures and send or reply to Personal Conversations.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon_addon-NumPostsLinks file inside the mod package and hit the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->Minimum Number of Posts to Post Links. There you can enable and disable the mod, set the post count. You can also enter the minimum number of posts for your users in order for them to post links in posts, when creating threads, adding signatures and send or reply to Personal Conversations.

By default it is set to 5 posts. You can exlude groups and/or individual users from this limit.

To exlude groups from the post count limit, go to User Group Permissions, choose the group/s that you want to exlude and under Forum Permissions you will see a new settings called: Can bypass link restriction: Set it to yes and save the changes.

To exlude individual users from the post count limit, go to User Permissions, choose the user/s that you want to exlude and under Forum Permissions you will see a new settings called: Can bypass link restriction: Set it to yes and save the changes.

For more info, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

Price: 10 dollars.

Compatibility: It works with the latest versions of xenforo.

Payment: Only through paypal and it is non refundable. After I confirm the payment I will email you the mod file.

If you are interested in purchasing this mod then please contact me in private either here or at my own forum.

You can see it in action at my forum where you will need 5 posts to be able to post links in forums or place links in signatures.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attached Files:

erich37, Veer, Static and 9 others like this.
  2. borbole

Now it blocks links for users with less posts set by the admin in Personal Conversations as well. It is an all round block for links.

3. ddmmh

ddmmh Well-Known Member

Im not sure about this but dont you need permission to put a paid mod on here?

4. borbole

Well, I have seen that several other users have put links to their paid stuff here, like styles for example, and I assumed that that is ok. I have also read a post from one of the admins where they are not against paid items here.

But if you have a problem with it, then you can report this thread.

5. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

I think a more appropriate place would be the Third Party Services forum.

6. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Paid mods and payed styles are in here and the forum "styles"

Eric Winter and borbole like this.
  7. sylwester

sylwester Member

well

10$ for mod this mod?
    i don´t think that someone will buy

8. borbole

That is your opinion. I already sold one copy as I made it as a paid request in the first place. If no one else wants to buy it then so be it.

9. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

Thanks for this mod borbole. :)

borbole likes this.
  10. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Good idea this hack, it's normal to be paid for hours worked.

borbole likes this.
  11. Tilkißey

Tilkißey Well-Known Member

personal decisions ;)

thx borbole for this mod :)

borbole likes this.
  12. sylwester

sylwester Member

maybe i was wrong :)

13. borbole

Thank you guys. I appreciate your comments and feedbacks :)

14. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Nice job borbole. (y)

borbole likes this.
  15. borbole

Thanks Shelley :)

16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Agreed, nice job!

borbole likes this.
  17. borbole

Thank you :)

18. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

Good job. And, you have every right to charge for your mods. Be it 10$ or 100$ or whatever, anyone that needs your mod will eventually buy it. Wish you the best.

borbole and Shelley like this.
  19. M@rc

M@rc Well-Known Member

Another great mod, Borbole. Keep it up, (y) .

borbole likes this.
  20. makdeniss

makdeniss Active Member

Great work borbole! Can i request something custom from you also? :)

borbole likes this.