XF 2.1 Set a minimum number of posts to let post in a section

Good afternoon,

In my forum, I have a classifieds section and I would like to set a minimum number of published post for the user be able to post in this section.

Is this possible?

I have been looking here but I have not found any post with the solution, sorry.

Thanks in advance.

I've been reading-up on this topic, have the same need for my classifieds forum.

So as I'm understanding it:
  • I need to create a separate usergroup that will have permission to post in classifieds and modify the original registered-users group so that it doesn't.
  • Then create a separate promotion that moves the users to the second "verified member" when the respective user posts five times. It would run hourly and move users as needed.
If that is accurate, is there a way to duplicate my registered usergroup to a new usergroup without me having to create it manually?

That is the correct way to achieve it.

You don't duplicate permissions, they are cumulative.

You just need to set the permission for that node for the registered user group to no, and to yes for the promoted user group.

Hey @Paul B could you help me with this?

I created a seperate user group called 'Participated', basically exactly the same as my default registered group. I turned off access to a node for the registered group and kept it on for the 'Participated' group. So far easy

My promotion, which moves Registered into Participated does not seem to work though. The only criteria I applied is 'must have 15 posts', and of course selected the Participated as the group to promote to. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 3.19.53 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 3.19.53 PM.webp
    36 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 3.20.03 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 3.20.03 PM.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 3.20.00 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 3.20.00 PM.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom