MineSync, for XF1

MineSync, for XF1 [Paid] 2.1.2

No permission to buy (£30.00)
Hey love this addon so took me a while to get things worked out. I kept wondering how the heck you click Here to link your account! Finally figured it out never knew you could do that in Minecraft or see an external webpage thought it was neat and shows how long it's been since I played!

I like just about everything about it but think there could be more done with the User Page to help advertise the addon

I slightly modified the User page with a bigger Avatar and Sync Information.

Screen Shot 02-21-17 at 08.09 PM 001 (2).webp

I am really horrible at editing the .CSS and HTML but did my best

I think the servers that the user plays on or is registered on should be in their Profile or at least allow webmasters to list them.

The color codes need to be able to set in the settings my Style was too dark for the Dark Blue Minecraft user names

I do prefer the Avatar being huge like that. I would like to make the entire bit of information look framed in but I do not know how to do that with .css

I created a Page node with some information on how use Minesync
https://www.cozworld.com/pages/cozworldminesync/

I think the more Minecraft information in that space the better!

Anyways I like this and hope you and the entire team keep working on!

I think the servers that the user plays on or is registered on should be in their Profile or at least allow webmasters to list them.
Right now, the add-on works with BungeeCord with some limitations (you can't issue commands that would be server specific, since they could be issued on the first server the player joins on and then they could get 5 diamonds on a Skyblock server, rather than the Factions server for example). Other than that, it works on servers using BungeeCord great.

At one point, perhaps for the full 2.0 release or 2.1, we want to have more per-server communications. That'd mean being able to issue per-server commands, initially.

There's a big emphasis on expanding the add-on for developers to use easily, so they could pass in more information (like how much currency you have in a server, or what your killstreak is for example) and this could be displayed. We don't necessarily want to add these different pieces of information into the core, but perhaps we could create a new add-on system for MineSync extensions. We could then create some of these for customers to download (for free) to add to their add-on. Of course, this system isn't priority on our minds right now as it'd take a bit of coding but hopefully it'll help you understand some of the future plans for MineSync. This should answer some of your suggestions on more Minecraft information. In the meantime, developers can still hook in and add in more information but it's not a clean and documented process right now.

The color codes need to be able to set in the settings my Style was too dark for the Dark Blue Minecraft user names
You should be able to adjust them in the ACP, in templates -> style properties -> minesync.

Thanks for all of your feedback. It's noted :)

Yeah I like a few others didn't read or understand the full requirements and it does work somewhat with latest Spigot minus seeing a few errors in console but it loads. I tried using BungeeCord didn't understand it to well will look into switching to it.

I still think you should offer a setting for Avatar size and maybe a dynamic list of servers the webmaster has to manually add until the input gets automated and possibly another setting to link where people can put a link to how to set it up in game.

My life long goal is to dummy proof everything as much as I can and to convince other people to do the same!

Yeah I like a few others didn't read or understand the full requirements and it does work somewhat with latest Spigot minus seeing a few errors in console but it loads.
What are the errors?

I tried using BungeeCord didn't understand it to well will look into switching to it.
Ah, I was just assuming you did (we've had a lot of customers using BungeeCord). It's not necessary for this add-on, in fact we don't treat it differently right now. I was just saying we'd look to add some extra support at some point. BungeeCord servers will be a use case, but it won't be limited to servers using BungeeCord.

I still think you should offer a setting for Avatar size and maybe a dynamic list of servers the webmaster has to manually add until the input gets automated and possibly another setting to link where people can put a link to how to set it up in game.
You're able to change that size in the templates. We probably won't add it into the actual app. We try to reduce the amount of options as much as possible, as we've noticed too many overwhelm customers and lead to misconfigurations and issues instead.

Regarding the second option, I'm not sure how we could really do much there. We can add some notes into the page informing users with no link to begin the process in the server, but you should use the XF Help Pages feature to add help notes. You can edit the templates to add these in where you like.

I've already modified my template was just suggesting for other server owners to try and get people interested in linking their accounts you need to jazz it up a bit... Just having that Micro looking Minecraft avatar with a few lines with user name and group doesn't look like anything too important!

Here's the link to mine:
https://www.cozworld.com/members/cozmicshredder.1/

It's not too pretty would like to make it look better but haven't to many skills with .css

Bah I had not idea the addon was forcing people to join through my Minecraft server which wasn't open to general public! Both enabled and disabled the feature still gave out this error message when trying to join the website... Yeah I just happened to figure out a week later testing something on my site... :o

apms2_error_you_can_only_register_through_minecraft

Bah I had not idea the addon was forcing people to join through my Minecraft server which wasn't open to general public! Both enabled and disabled the feature still gave out this error message when trying to join the website... Yeah I just happened to figure out a week later testing something on my site... :eek:

apms2_error_you_can_only_register_through_minecraft

Can you report it as a bug here please? We'll investigate it further. We've had no reports of such an issue so far. Any support and issues should be directed towards our forums and new requests. This thread is not actively monitored.

Trying to purchase this add-on however your site isn't allowing me to check out - can you fix please?

http://imgur.com/a/BCtsz
Thanks for your ticket and reporting the issue. This has been resolved. Please try again.

Is there a installation guide here? I have added all the files in the server and website, but how do I link the 2 @Robust
It's not as elaborate as we'd like it to be right now. All MineSync docs are here: https://apantic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000260289-nanocode-MineSync

If you need any support, you can just create a new request here: https://apantic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Since we're still in beta I haven't really compiled together complete usage docs. The files, options and features are very well documented, though (perhaps excessively documented). If you have a fiddle around you should be able to get the hang of it. As I say, if you run into any troubles at all just create a request. We often respond in minutes.

nanocode updated MineSync, by nanocode with a new update entry:

v2.0-beta.3 update

MineSync 2.0 Beta 3 (2.0-beta.3)

We're excited to bring this update to you!

This fixed most of the bugs reported to us reported in earlier versions, including the /register bug. We also added new features and UI improvements, such as a colour picker, searching on XF by username/UUID, and a "link your account" notice.

Full changelog:
  • /register command fixed! /register will now properly create a register key and allow users to register on the forums
  • Detect when players have...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Quick question before buying, what do i use on the servers side to get this synced up? Does it matter if i'd use Spigot or Sponge?

@nanocode Any plans to write this to work with Forge in the future? Specifically MC v1.10.2 and Forge 12.18.3.2281?
No plans in the near future to rewrite this for something like Sponge. That said, two customers have approached me saying they're rewriting the server node to work with Sponge. Coding the server node is fairly simple.

No plans in the near future to rewrite this for something like Sponge. That said, two customers have approached me saying they're rewriting the server node to work with Sponge. Coding the server node is fairly simple.

Can you update me on this? If this can work on spongeforge then I'll buy it. :)

Edit:I need to ensure that my mods and all my plugins would be compatible. The future of minecraft plug-ins should be sponge. What permissions plugin is your addon configurable to? Have you looked into https://forums.spongepowered.org/t/luckperms-an-advanced-permissions-plugin/14274?

Last edited:
Can you update me on this? If this can work on spongeforge then I'll buy it. :)

Edit:I need to ensure that my mods and all my plugins would be compatible. The future of minecraft plug-ins should be sponge. What permissions plugin is your addon configurable to? Have you looked into https://forums.spongepowered.org/t/luckperms-an-advanced-permissions-plugin/14274?
It works with Vault (Bukkit). Any Vault-supported permissions plugin will function fine.

I'll try to update you if we ever have a Sponge version, but I can't even promise that will be in 2017. We've only ever had around 10 customers ask for Sponge support.

It works with Vault (Bukkit). Any Vault-supported permissions plugin will function fine.

I'll try to update you if we ever have a Sponge version, but I can't even promise that will be in 2017. We've only ever had around 10 customers ask for Sponge support.

Sponge is the future of Minecraft

Sponge is the future of Minecraft
While you could argue that, and you might be right, Bukkit is still the #1 most used platform for servers, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Bukkit has been around for too long, has too many supporters, and has too many plugins already written for it. That's just my 2 cents though.

Top Bottom