Migration service

daimpa

Hello, I own a medium size forum (500k messages, 15k users) in vbulletin 4.2.0 and I was considering the option of moving to xenforo.

I've seen that you've a migration tool. Is it affidable or it happens that there're some bugs? Is it easy to use (I mean, no coding necessary, only click in the control panel?).

In case, do you offer any paid migration service? How much?

Thanks.

Hello, I own a medium size forum (500k messages, 15k users) in vbulletin 4.2.0 and I was considering the option of moving to xenforo.

I've seen that you've a migration tool. Is it affidable or it happens that there're some bugs? Is it easy to use (I mean, no coding necessary, only click in the control panel?).

In case, do you offer any paid migration service? How much?

Thanks.
Hi Daimpa

There are many people here that offer migration services here including us (you can check my signature). XF doesn't offer services except forum installation.

Honestly, do you think that it'll require some mysql skills, or the standard tool should work fine?
If it's a fairly standard vanilla vBulletin install, you should not have any problems. The only time that you may have problems is certain add-on's that may have changed the behavior of vBulletin (never have used vBulletin so not sure if there are any like that out). The only thing that is imported is what you have from a base vBulletin install. Most add-on data is not imported.

If it's a fairly standard vanilla vBulletin install, you should not have any problems. The only time that you may have problems is certain add-on's that may have changed the behavior of vBulletin (never have used vBulletin so not sure if there are any like that out). The only thing that is imported is what you have from a base vBulletin install. Most add-on data is not imported.
Thanks again for the reply. I've just one mod for category's images, but I don't care about importing those data. I created that vb forum by importing data from PHPBB with impex, everything worked fine on VB in the last year so I think that it should be ok to import things over XF.

To reduce the downtime, what if I want to do a two steps import? E.g. tomorrow I do a backup of the VB database, host it in the new server and I import those data. Then I work on the template and do test with import, than once everything is ready I want to import ONLY the new data from VB to XF (VB will reamin active on my domain while I work on the template..). Is this possible?

To reduce the downtime, what if I want to do a two steps import? E.g. tomorrow I do a backup of the VB database, host it in the new server and I import those data. Then I work on the template and do test with import, than once everything is ready I want to import ONLY the new data from VB to XF (VB will reamin active on my domain while I work on the template..). Is this possible?
Do not believe a partial import like what you are wanting to do is supported. It would be a full re-import.

Top Bottom