Xenforo Migration Service?

Kestryll

I own a rather large vBulletin 3.8.x forum that I need to update to a newer software. I've been looking at moving to a more recent version of vBulletin simply because I already own the license. However I've been waiting for several months for the paid update service and have no real movement on it.

At this point I don't want to wait any longer and am looking at options such as Xenforo.
Does Xenforo offer a paid migration/upgrade service that will convert my forum on my server from Vb 3.8 to the latest Xenforo software?

We provide a paid migration service to our hosted Cloud service.

You can contact us if you wish to explore that option.

If you intend to stay with a self hosted license then there are third party service providers who advertise their services here who may be able to help.

We provide a paid migration service to our hosted Cloud service.

You can contact us if you wish to explore that option.

If you intend to stay with a self hosted license then there are third party service providers who advertise their services here who may be able to help.
If we go with the cloud services then later decide we want to move to a self hosted license do we have access to backups for migration? What kind of server access would we have with the cloud services?

Also. Do we have limited ability to use available mods, etc. if we use the Cloud version? (Like some other unnamed forum software company's cloud service?)...

Last edited:
There is no server access because it's a fully managed service and the majority of things you may need to upload can be done through the software itself.

We can provide your data and files at any time on request.

There is no server access because it's a fully managed service and the majority of things you may need to upload can be done through the software itself.

We can provide your data and files at any time on request.
so, if one were to purchase the $60 installation service it does not include someone moving from vbulletin to xenforo and onto a new server?

No. It covers installing the software only for self hosted licenses.

We charge from $120 when importing into XF Cloud. It's a complex and time consuming job.

so, if one were to purchase the $60 installation service it does not include someone moving from vbulletin to xenforo and onto a new server?
No. It covers installing the software only for self hosted licenses.

We charge from $120 when importing into XF Cloud. It's a complex and time consuming job.

Aha, thanks to this discussion I realised I read the upgrade information wrong, published here:

I am in the same boat as @Kestryll.

I am still on vB 3.8 (hides self in attic) and would love to get professional support on migrating my forum to the latest XenForo. I will stay on the same server.

What is the reason that Xenforo offers a fair amount of installation and upgrade services, but not when you need assistance in migrating an existing vB forum to Xenforo on a self-hosted server?

Last edited:
Eons ago (2018) I already planned to migrate my vB 3.8 forum to Xenforo, but life circumstances got heavily in the way.
I remember I found many recommendations pointing to @Slavik who offers these kinds of services:

I guess we need to take that route (y).

Last edited:
By all means drop me a message when you are ready :)

Hi @Slavik,

I just registered on the XenForo forum because I want to request your services, but I can't reply to your message "Professional XenForo Imports" nor can I write you a private message because I don't seem to have privileges to do so yet.

It prompts me:

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

How can I write a message to you?

Yours sincerely,
Luis.

Hi @Slavik,

I just registered on the XenForo forum because I want to request your services, but I can't reply to your message "Professional XenForo Imports" nor can I write you a private message because I don't seem to have privileges to do so yet.

It prompts me:

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

How can I write a message to you?

Yours sincerely,
Luis.

Dropped you a message :)

Top Bottom