Migrate to xF or stick to vB?

Acid

Hi there xF,

We're currently running VB 4 on our forum with around 4 million posts, 45k threads and 40k members. We're seriously considering the possibility of migrating to xenForo soon. Are there any other real-case experiences/scenarios with large boards using the importer? Any known problem, tips and tricks? Anything we should know about the migrating process before going for it?

Btw, as you might notice, the forum posts/threads/usernames and almost all content is in Cyrillic. Any know problems with that?

Apart from this problem with attachments the importer worked perfectly the first time we did a test import (almost 5.5 million posts).

A tip often posted here is to think about wether you want to import PM's, since there's no mass-delete option for them in XF yet.

I don't own a license myself but my friend tried to convert a test vB Macedonian database, and everything was converted to UTF8, everything was preserved in Cyrillic.
I'm sure someone who converted from other language can confirm this.
It would be great to see the biggest Macedonian forum converted to XenForo. Good luck ;).

Top Bottom