Migrate from vb 4.5.3 to Xenforo

Edisoft

Hi guys,

I have a vb forum since 2012 and i want to migrate it to Xenforo, i have a large database and it's in arabic, my question is : is there a tool on xenforo to get all database data, is there a risque of data loss ?

Thank you for this great work.

Don't believe vB 5 is supported as a version for transfer from in XF 1. Not sure about XF 2 but doubt it is there either.

I have seem importers from VB5 to XF, what I'm not sure if for the actual VB5 version which I have the latest 5.4.3

Anyone knows this?

Importing
XenForo has the ability to import information from other forums, including users, forums, threads, posts and private messages, along with various other data.
This can be extremely useful if you are migrating your forum from another software package, or if your forum needs to merge with, or absorb another forum site.
XenForo importers are now installed via a separate add-on which you can download from your Customer area.
At the time of writing, XenForo 2 supports importing data from the following sources:

• XenForo 2
  • vBulletin 3.6 to 5.3
Source: https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/importing/

We have a very reasonable refund policy so that wouldn't be an issue.

However, I suspect we would be able to get it working by tweaking the importer code until it can be updated.

We have a very reasonable refund policy so that wouldn't be an issue.

However, I suspect we would be able to get it working by tweaking the importer code until it can be updated.

Thank you Brogran, If we pay the Installation Service - $50*
A XenForo representative will install the latest version on your server, provided it meets the requirements. This does not include PHP or MySQL installation or configuration.

How long would that take DB size 16Gib with almost 5million posts.?

Thank you

To clarify, installation does not cover importing - you would have to do that yourself or contract a third party.

I wouldn't be able to offer any timings on importing - it depends on various factors, such as server spec and config.

The importer has only been tested to work with up to VB 5.3.

If there are no schema changes between 5.3 and 5.4 then it should work.

FYI... I was successfully able to import my Forum from 5.4.3 to XenForo 2.0.10 using the official XenForo Importers 1.0.2

I believe I only missed the customer Titles from vBulletin, which is not a biggy.

Thank you

Top Bottom