1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might be moving to xenforo

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by dilldogs, Mar 21, 2013.

1. dilldogs

dilldogs Member

I have a vb license since 2005 but the way things are looking I think I need to start looking into other Options. I have been looking around and what I see here so far I am liking.
    The software looks good, the feedback I am reading looks good and pricing is great. Reminds me of the old Vbulletin before other bought it!
    In a few week I will be making a choice and I think I found a new home...
    Morgain, Kim, SneakyDave and 9 others like this.
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Well, a like for the consideration :)
  3. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

xenForo is a very good product. Runs fast and is very user friendly. I don't think you will regret switching over to it. There are tons of useful addons, beautiful premade themes, some awesome custom theme makers (Russ is one of them), and helpful people here to answer any support questions you may have. To me this is the best forum solution on the market right now.
    Chris D and samo like this.
  4. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

I came over from vB, so did a lot of people here. Really liking it, wouldn't go back to vB and don't regret changing :)
  5. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

I didn't migrate over from vB like a lot of the members have but I have ran sites in the past that used vB and IP.Board. The site I run now has always been using xF and it was the best decision I ever made. You can't ask for a better product (overall) than xF. Yeah there are a few things missing that people want but most of those can be added via an addon so at the end of it all it's not a huge deal.
    Russ likes this.
  6. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

Switching from vB to XenForo was easily one of the best decisions we took 2 years ago. I went from a disgruntled admin who dreaded logging into the AdminCP to enjoying forum administration again.

Your server, your users, and you will be thrilled once the migration is done :)
  7. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

And welcome to Xenforo. :)
    Ingenious likes this.
  8. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Welcome to XF - just let the gang here know any help you need.