Mid West People! Ice Everywhere!

Mattie Num Nums

Everyone in the Mid West US stay safe! I am here in Dallas for the Superbowl and we got hit by a pretty good sized Iced Storm. 22 states expecting Snow, 20+ expected in Chicago.

Stay safe everyone!

Thanks Mattie! You stay safe as well.

We had a fairly good ice storm last night. Woke up about 3am to ice hitting my bedroom window. I just arrived home from running errands this morning. The streets were eerily free of snowplows or even salt trucks. I saw maybe - 10 - if even that many. That's scary. We have this big storm coming and they haven't even begun to treat the roads yet? grrrrrrrrrrr....

In the southwest part of Ohio we got around .25" of ice (freezing rain) last night. Later today it is expected to be a bit more intense than last night. The roads are ok around here so far today but last night was just impossible. You would think the end of the world was coming, went to the grocery yesterday afternoon and they were completely out of milk, eggs, bread ect.... The news media hype these things up so bad just to get you to watch the TV people get all freaked out when obviously you will most likely be able to get out to get things if need be.

Waiting for the 24 inches of expected snow starting this evening...
eegads. They forcast 3-6" for us tonight, then tomorrow freezing rain, turning to sleet, then an additional 4-6" of snow tomorrow night on top of the ice.
Whether we'll actually see it all or not remains to be seen.

We are looking at 16 to 20 inches starting in a few hours.. The dogs will love it not so sure about me.

We are looking at 16 to 20 inches starting in a few hours.. The dogs will love it not so sure about me.
I was just going to say, "yep; me too..." then I looked and you're from central Michigan! :P lol

Thankfully, my only class tomorrow is in my dorm and the Brass rehearsal that would've required a walk across campus is canceled. :D

eegads. They forcast 3-6" for us tonight, then tomorrow freezing rain, turning to sleet, then an additional 4-6" of snow tomorrow night on top of the ice.
Whether we'll actually see it all or not remains to be seen.
Yeah, this one looks pretty bad. Just started snowing. Windy as hell.

St Louis area here. Expecting anywhere from 8-24" snow on top off a couple of inches of sleet. I am so done with winter.

epic-win-photos-prayer-win.jpg

The worst thing about the weather here in Dallas is its just so damn cold and the wind is in the 40's. Snow I don't mind, its the ice. The ice is everywhere.

MSU suspends classes Feb. 2
According to the National Weather Service, a blizzard warning is in effect for mid-Michigan from 5 p.m. Feb. 1 to 7 p.m. Feb. 2. The warning calls for 10 to 16 inches of snow, dangerous winds and frigid temperatures. The university has been carefully monitoring the forecasts of severe weather, and has determined for the safety of our students to suspend all classes scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 2. All academic buildings will be closed to students on Wednesday.
:D

Looks like the worst is passing me by. We'll be getting some freezing rain tonight, then snow, then more rain, then snow tomorrow. None of the blizzard stuff everyone else is getting.

Top Bottom