1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid West People! Ice Everywhere!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mattie Num Nums, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Mattie Num Nums

Mattie Num Nums Active Member

Everyone in the Mid West US stay safe! I am here in Dallas for the Superbowl and we got hit by a pretty good sized Iced Storm. 22 states expecting Snow, 20+ expected in Chicago.

Stay safe everyone!

Dragonfly likes this.
  2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Thanks Mattie! You stay safe as well.

We had a fairly good ice storm last night. Woke up about 3am to ice hitting my bedroom window. I just arrived home from running errands this morning. The streets were eerily free of snowplows or even salt trucks. I saw maybe - 10 - if even that many. That's scary. We have this big storm coming and they haven't even begun to treat the roads yet? grrrrrrrrrrr....

3. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

It was raining all night no snow :p

4. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

In the southwest part of Ohio we got around .25" of ice (freezing rain) last night. Later today it is expected to be a bit more intense than last night. The roads are ok around here so far today but last night was just impossible. You would think the end of the world was coming, went to the grocery yesterday afternoon and they were completely out of milk, eggs, bread ect.... The news media hype these things up so bad just to get you to watch the TV people get all freaked out when obviously you will most likely be able to get out to get things if need be.

Peggy likes this.
  5. glorify

glorify Well-Known Member

Waiting for the 24 inches of expected snow starting this evening...

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

eegads. They forcast 3-6" for us tonight, then tomorrow freezing rain, turning to sleet, then an additional 4-6" of snow tomorrow night on top of the ice.
    Whether we'll actually see it all or not remains to be seen.

7. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

We are looking at 16 to 20 inches starting in a few hours.. The dogs will love it not so sure about me.

8. tmb

tmb Active Member

Its a beautiful 75 in Orlando now. Definitely wish I was in Dallas though for another Steelers' SB.

9. Mattie Num Nums

Im from LA so this is all so foreign to me :D

10. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

I was just going to say, "yep; me too..." then I looked and you're from central Michigan! :p lol

Thankfully, my only class tomorrow is in my dorm and the Brass rehearsal that would've required a walk across campus is canceled. :D

FredC likes this.
  11. glorify

glorify Well-Known Member

Yeah, this one looks pretty bad. Just started snowing. Windy as hell.

12. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

St Louis area here. Expecting anywhere from 8-24" snow on top off a couple of inches of sleet. I am so done with winter.

glorify likes this.
  13. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

14. Mattie Num Nums

The worst thing about the weather here in Dallas is its just so damn cold and the wind is in the 40's. Snow I don't mind, its the ice. The ice is everywhere.

15. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

shuddup :p

16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Where are you at?

17. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Just making it even worse ....

Dragonfly and Dan like this.
  18. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

:D

19. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Well there ya go.

20. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Looks like the worst is passing me by. We'll be getting some freezing rain tonight, then snow, then more rain, then snow tomorrow. None of the blizzard stuff everyone else is getting.