Mid West People! Ice Everywhere!

Wow.. I had no idea it could snow in Florida!
Snow in Florida has only happened a handful of times as far as I know (born and raised there). It has happened only 3 times in my lifetime - back in 1977 we actually got a 1/2" accumulation, again in 1993 in far north-western florida, and the last time (I believe) was in 1999 (or could have been 2000, I know my son was just a baby when it happened). If I'm not mistaken, Florida was the only state of the 50 states to not get any snow this season when there was snow in 49 out of 50 states. Definitely an oddity for Hawaii to have snow and not Florida.

It snows in Hawaii every year, but only at the very summits of their 3 tallest volcanoes (Mauna Loa, Mauna Kea and Haleakala). The snow level almost never gets below 9000 feet in Hawaii during the winter, but since these mountains are taller than 13,000 feet, 13,000 feet, and 10,000 feet, respectively, they get dusted with snow a few times a year. It rarely stays on the ground for more than a few days though.

front.webp

mail.webp

me.webp

i guess it's snowing at your place not in my :(

City turned off the powers for almost 30min .
It did finally start snowing here about an hour ago. Been coming down pretty hard. With the wind blowing as hard as it is, makes it look like a blizzard tho it's really not.

heh I wish I'd had my iPhone so I could record it, but was too busy yanking my boots on so I could run out and bust my own ass trying to help
two small dogs who had a much better chance of making it back to the door in one piece than I did.

imoksmiley.gif

The blizzard is finally over here...final total is 23.5"of snow with some drifts >6'
Here are a few pics of the neighborhood.

Attachments

• DSCF0223a.webp
    DSCF0223a.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF0229a.webp
    DSCF0229a.webp
    99 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF0234a.webp
    DSCF0234a.webp
    58.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF0242a.webp
    DSCF0242a.webp
    72.7 KB · Views: 11
ummm how tall is that mailbox post? :confused:
I don't know. Standard size for a driving mail carrier I guess. It's a little closer to the box now. It hasn't stopped snowing since this morning when I took that pic. Almost time to clean the driveway for the last time.

heh I wish I'd had my iPhone so I could record it, but was too busy yanking my boots on so I could run out and bust my own ass trying to help
two small dogs who had a much better chance of making it back to the door in one piece than I did.

imoksmiley.gif

OMG !!!!!! I hope the dogs are okay
tongue.png

Top Bottom