Mid West People! Ice Everywhere!

A friend in chicago posted this one earlier today from Lake Shore Drive -

scaled.php

Definitely an oddity for Hawaii to have snow and not Florida.

Not when Hawaii has mountains/volcanoes and we're below sea level. ;) I'm pretty sure it's the higher regions that get the snow.

Our landfills aren't high enough to have icy peaks (yet). :p

Yep you're right, I didn't even think about the mountains. I was thinking more along the lines that Hawaii is way out in the Pacific, where you just wouldn't even imagine the possibility of snow, mountains or not.

A friend in chicago posted this one earlier today from Lake Shore Drive -

scaled.php

Holy cow! Watch out for CGI wolf packs!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some of those accents are simply woeful.

My wife picked up a woman that was walking home after she got her car stuck in a drift, the only problem was that she got turned around and was walking the wrong direction. My wife ended up bringing her to our house and I gave her a ride home. While I was turning my truck around in the street to get to her home I backed into our mailbox...doh

Now I just saw on the news a woman in Union Grove, WI got stuck and a tow truck driver gave her a ride to the end of her driveway and she was later found dead in her driveway under a drift. Apparently she couldn't make it the 50' to her house...tragic

**** unbelieveable it snowed little (mostly ice) bit last night just got home lucklily without any problems many drivers just gave up on the way that's interesting :p lol two trucks infront of me just lost control and went off the road lol had to give lift for one of them and droped at their place he was saying this is his worst experience since he moved to SA.

2-2-2011.webp

It is a fact of nature that those who own dogs must deal with things that cat lovers do not. Although dogs do not poop in a box in your house, they do need to go outside to do their business. At least they do in a perfect world. The last owners of this house had a dog which was old and incontinent so it did not bother with either the stairs or the Great Outdoors for its ablutions. But Dallas is a good dog and must go outside. Unfortunately that means that I have to go outside.

Outside. The word right now fills me with fear and loathing. The 45 mph wind gusts and sub-zero temperatures are only exacerbated by the fact that the snow is up to my ass and blowing harder than I wanted my prom date to. She didn’t. Drifts are making sure that any shoveling is not only a moot exercise but futile and frustrating. But the sun will come up in the morning, the government will want me to pay taxes…and Dallas must go outside to poop. I made this comic after the feeling came back into my toes.

Dogs and snow are a wonderful combination.

It is a fact of nature that those who own dogs must deal with things that cat lovers do not. Although dogs do not poop in a box in your house, they do need to go outside to do their business. At least they do in a perfect world. The last owners of this house had a dog which was old and incontinent so it did not bother with either the stairs or the Great Outdoors for its ablutions. But Dallas is a good dog and must go outside. Unfortunately that means that I have to go outside.

Outside. The word right now fills me with fear and loathing. The 45 mph wind gusts and sub-zero temperatures are only exacerbated by the fact that the snow is up to my ass and blowing harder than I wanted my prom date to. She didn’t. Drifts are making sure that any shoveling is not only a moot exercise but futile and frustrating. But the sun will come up in the morning, the government will want me to pay taxes…and Dallas must go outside to poop. I made this comic after the feeling came back into my toes.

Dogs and snow are a wonderful combination.

ROFL! You are a riot...

Our streets are still covered with ice in some places - like where you turn the corners. ugh. I've seen more spin-outs in the past couple of days than I ever hoped to.

My driveway is still a sheet of ice, tho my ex came over yesterday and today and attemted to chip alot of it up with a shovel and pic. My neighbor saw him out there, wanted to know who he was, and proceeded to help him. Nice! Unfortunately, they were only able to chip a walkway from my door to my car, before calling it a lost cause and giving up.

SO on top of all this ice, we're expecting 1-3" of snow tomorrow.

Wonderful.

Snow in Florida has only happened a handful of times as far as I know (born and raised there). It has happened only 3 times in my lifetime - back in 1977 we actually got a 1/2" accumulation, again in 1993 in far north-western florida, and the last time (I believe) was in 1999 (or could have been 2000, I know my son was just a baby when it happened). If I'm not mistaken, Florida was the only state of the 50 states to not get any snow this season when there was snow in 49 out of 50 states. Definitely an oddity for Hawaii to have snow and not Florida.
Not really, the mountains of Hawaii are frequently covered in snow, as two of the peaks top 13,000 ft. NASA runs a big observatory on top of one of them, I think it's Mauna Kea.

Top Bottom