MicroDownloads [Deleted]

First of all i don't see any difference with the non-commercial version apart from the top contributor :) Or am I missing something :)

Secondly i have a bug to report Micheal.

I have set everything up like it should but have issues with the permissions of some usergroups. All works fine for admins (ID 3), registered (ID 2). Both groups can see the downloads, download files and comment on it.

However usergroup licensed (ID 9) and moderating (ID 4) can see downloads, can download file but receive an error while commenting on downloads.

Usergroup Premium (ID 13) (our donators :)) can't see downloads, can downloads and cant comment.

For all usergroups i have made sure to set all the permissions correctly (ticked all three microdownload boxes to "allow").

Bit clueless what to do. Hope you can help me out. Thanks for the hard work you have already made a few thousand people happy today with this mod.

First of all i don't see any difference with the non-commercial version apart from the top contributor :) Or am I missing something :)

Secondly i have a bug to report Micheal.

I have set everything up like it should but have issues with the permissions of some usergroups. All works fine for admins (ID 3), registered (ID 2). Both groups can see the downloads, download files and comment on it.

However usergroup licensed (ID 9) and moderating (ID 4) can see downloads, can download file but receive an error while commenting on downloads.

Usergroup Premium (ID 13) (our donators :)) can't see downloads, can downloads and cant comment.

For all usergroups i have made sure to set all the permissions correctly (ticked all three microdownload boxes to "allow").

Bit clueless what to do. Hope you can help me out. Thanks for the hard work you have already made a few thousand people happy today with this mod.

Most of the changes are in the background like adding in the alerts for new comments and updated files.
There has also been added the intergrated search to the xenforo search system.

edit delete and report have been added.
auto create thread will be added
turn on/off comments system

on this type of add-on most of the changes would be backend changes not always something you would see.

as to your problem with the usergroups could you PM me with your site and make me a username so that i can see this problem,
as this does not happen to me at all but that could be down to i dont have that many usergroups.

have added a little extra for files listed in the center blocks for commercial version.

Attachments

• homepage.webp
    homepage.webp
    72.6 KB · Views: 27
Hi Micheal...

One suggestion for your the benefit of selling more commercial licenses would be that you should include an Importer for VBulletin's DownloadsII Mod. While it is not necessary for me as I can do the import myself, most other people would not be able to do so and DownloadsII has hundreds of implementations.

Hi Micheal...

One suggestion for your the benefit of selling more commercial licenses would be that you should include an Importer for VBulletin's DownloadsII Mod. While it is not necessary for me as I can do the import myself, most other people would not be able to do so and DownloadsII has hundreds of implementations.

hi there m8

Thats a good idea so when users move to xenforo they will be able to move there downloads as well.
Ill have alook into sorting this out, its finding out the best place to start when moving data from one DB to another.

Hi ,

i must say this add-on is very nice but i can advice you to add downloads from url too . Most of the peoples want to share downloads but not from their own host . if you make url support i will try to use .

Thanks . Best regards

hi there m8

Thats a good idea so when users move to xenforo they will be able to move there downloads as well.
Ill have alook into sorting this out, its finding out the best place to start when moving data from one DB to another.

Great!

Also this is entirely my personal opinion but I think $25 is too low price for this. You are staring at a lot of complex development in future. Soon there will be requests for people for an importer from IP.Downloads, new features like version control, multiple files per download etc. So for the development to be profitable you should consider a slightly higher price. I think $35 would have been fair for this, if you can include the importer and other features which I had previously mentioned.

Also I agree with others that the layout isn't very nice. Perhaps Shelley can make a mockup for you?

Great!

Also this is entirely my personal opinion but I think $25 is too low price for this. You are staring at a lot of complex development in future. Soon there will be requests for people for an importer from IP.Downloads, new features like version control, multiple files per download etc. So for the development to be profitable you should consider a slightly higher price. I think $35 would have been fair for this, if you can include the importer and other features which I had previously mentioned.

Also I agree with others that the layout isn't very nice. Perhaps Shelley can make a mockup for you?

if Shelley can make a mockup that would be great and here would get a free copy of this.

if any of you are french then you will like this
i have been contacted by the french xenforo site if they can use this script on there site
I'm the administrator of XenFrench.com

I noticed that you made excellent hacks, particularly "MicroDownloads".

In accordance with the licence of XenForo and with your royalties, we would wish your authorization in order to allow us to translate your hacks (plugins) and mods (past and future) and to post them on our French forum.

I have let them know this is fine with me and they will be sorting it out.

here are a few screenshots of the new alerts for reporting a file.
These alerts are sent to the owner of the file and the user who reported the file

Attachments

• reportstoowneralerts.webp
    reportstoowneralerts.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 18
  • reportstoreporteralerts.webp
    reportstoreporteralerts.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 16
couple of suggestions:

friendly URLs instead of
Code:
http://www.xfgeek.com/index.php?microdownloads/3/viewcat

so like:
Code:
http://www.xfgeek.com/microdownloads/addons

also, maybe add to the sidebar - top 10 downloaded files

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I change the title for the Download Manager tab to just say Downloads?

couple of suggestions:

friendly URLs instead of
Code:
http://www.xfgeek.com/index.php?microdownloads/3/viewcat

so like:
Code:
http://www.xfgeek.com/microdownloads/addons

also, maybe add to the sidebar - top 10 downloaded files

This should be working within the system as i have tested this on my dev site

Next suggestion:

compatible with slide-function of XenPorta

So you want a new block made to fit into the xenporta system.
This is probably a stupid question, but how do I change the title for the Download Manager tab to just say Downloads?

just search your phrases and you will find them there.

Top Bottom