MicroDownloads [Deleted]

maybe you have to use my propose for VPS (because on my forum it works) and for Webhosting only your?!

I do not know, but i hope your tip fits :)

SS1.png

Please help me solve this problem :( :( :(

i can see you have not set the upload path in the settings

as you can see in the image you have uploaded its showing /home/***username***

you need to set this for the system to be able to work so edit the upload path setting within the downloads manager and replace username with your sites username and forum means where your xenforo system is installed.

Mike

P.S

if you are still haveing problems PM me with your ftp access and your sites admincp access and ill have it sorted in 5 mins.
i would not be able to do this today as i have just got back from holidays and need some sleep.

mcdownloads/downloads/
yes yes yes yes :D :) ;)
Yes now the problem disappears
Now works great

Thousand million thanks
To help me

thats great if you have the files within your main site for more sucurity you would need to place the files outside the main site,
thats why i made the system like this to make it sucure to place them outside the site path.

Enabling Downloads to integrate into the What's new by having a thread associated with the Download item would be great.

Similar to how Resources have associated threads.

downloads.integration.with.whats.new.forums.webp

This type of integration of Downloads and the forums is invaluable to making the Downloads a integral part of community discussion.

Another side benefit of Downloads having a discussion thread is the thread can work with XFTags.

Is it possible to make the text: Downloads Manager optional ? ... it's really just wasting space.
It's a waste of space mostly because you put the category in the breadcrumb (xenforo doesn't).
(ie. OffTopic isn't in the breadcrumb - demo).

duplicate.title.wasting.space.webp

Ideally you would not include >Home> in the breadcrumb ... it's really of ZERO value.
No one liked Home in the Forums Tab ... They'll like it less in the Downloads Tab.

Enabling Downloads to integrate into the What's new by having a thread associated with the Download item would be great.

View attachment 33895

This type of integration of Downloads and the forums is invaluable to making the Downloads a integral part of community discussion.

Another side benefit of Downloads having a discussion thread is the thread can work with XFTags.
autoceating a thread is in the commercial version

I was trying to see how the View thread works on your demo site.
http://www.xfgeek.com/index.php?microdownloads/downloads-manager.1/viewfile
but there was an error when clicking View Thread.

fixed the link to this now working.

Is it possible to make the text: Downloads Manager optional ? ... it's really just wasting space.
It's a waste of space mostly because you put the category in the breadcrumb (xenforo doesn't).

View attachment 33897

Ideally you would not include >Home> in the breadcrumb ... it's really of ZERO value.
No one liked Home in the Forums Tab ... They'll like it less in the Downloads Tab.

I see what you mean here and yes i will remove it today before releasing the commercial version.

View attachment 33895

This is planed to be added in the commercial version.

How can show images sections and photographs Statistics

1x.webp

2x.webp

Is there Widgets to view Download Stats in the Forum

Can you explain the intersection/utility of MicroDownloads and MicroCart? I am wondering if I need/want, for example, the utility of paid downloads, if I need both. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 33897

to remove the Downloads Manager at the top of the pages all you need to do is edit the templates

microdownloads_view
microdownloads_view_category

microdownloads_view_file

microdownloads_whatsnew

and change this
HTML:
<xen:title>{xen:phrase microdownloads_navbar}</xen:title>
to this
HTML:
<xen:title> </xen:title>

Can you explain the intersection/utility of MicroDownloads and MicroCart? I am wondering if I need/want, for example, the utility of paid downloads, if I need both. Thanks in advance.

microcart handles downloadable products so when you add a product to the cart you can then add files to that product without using the downloads manager.

Both could be used together if you so wanted to by adding in the cart subscriptions and then in the downloads manager when you add a file only let that usergroup access to download that file.

Top Bottom