MicroDownloads [Deleted]

When will this commercial version be done? Can we first install the free version and upgrade without problems later on? Costs?

Curious as this seems like a very interesting project that could solve 57% of my problems in life :D

have also added in choose multipul usergroups when adding a file within admincp
will also add this to user side.
Can we download this file anywhere. If have installed the modification and all seems to work fine. I have hide the selector with css but downloads don't show up for normal users. Just admins.

Can we download this file anywhere. If have installed the modification and all seems to work fine. I have hide the selector with css but downloads don't show up for normal users. Just admins.

you need to select the usergroup that can see the files admins can see them be default

When will this commercial version be done? Can we first install the free version and upgrade without problems later on? Costs?

Curious as this seems like a very interesting project that could solve 57% of my problems in life :D
Im hopping to have the commercial version out within a few days, as for the cost to it will be $25

you need to select the usergroup that can see the files admins can see them be default
Thats the problem :) We have multiple usergroups registered, licensed members, premium members, staff etc and i wish that by default all groups except banned and guest can download the files.

Is there a quick workaround for this?

In my opinion in the free and paid versions the option to allow the uploader choose the group that can download should not exist for the members that publish the downloads (For example: The uploader can allow guests to download files).

I think that should be the administrator who should have full control, an option in AdminCP permissions would be the best(For example: In the permissions for each user group something like "Can this group download files")

Sorry for my english.

Thats the problem :) We have multiple usergroups registered, licensed members, premium members, staff etc and i wish that by default all groups except banned and guest can download the files.

Is there a quick workaround for this?

ok what i will do is in the commercial version add an option in the admincp to select the usergroups that can donload files by default for users uploading files.
In admincp where the admin can upload files they will be able to choose the groups that can download these files.
This way the user who uploads files will not be able to choose who can download the files or when a user uploads a file i will make it so that admins, mods and registered users can download the files,
if the admin whats to add more usergroups he/she would have to edit the file and add the extra usergroups.

How does that sound.

No please don't. Please get rid of the usergroups by default and only offer that as an option. For larger groups of people this will be very confusing i fear. Why make it so complicated?

Can we make a workaround with conditionals for now? When user is logged in he can download but excluded banned members? Something like that :)

Just a single permission in User Group permissions would be the best: "Can this group download files" So admins can allow/disallow any User Group easily.
There's really no need of too much complication with that :)

Micheal updated MicroDownloads with a new update entry:

MicroDownloads 1.0.2 Update

Have taken out in sidebar avatar block.
Changed the layout of the upload template
users adding files will not be able to choose the usergroups who can download the files, this will add all usergroups but will not let banned and none members download the files.

Have also changed it where all usergroups will be able to view the files on all pages but restricked the downloads to above comment.

Please let me know if there is any problems and ill sort this out.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Found one serious bug. When you delete a file via the admincp the files are not deleted from the FTP and all of them need to be manually removed.

When a file is removed that was listed as a "latest file" instantly the following error occurs:
Code:
Server Error

Undefined index: message
1.XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in MicroDownloads/Model/MicroDownloads.php at line 452
2.MicroDownloads_Model_MicroDownloads->getLastviewed() in MicroDownloads/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 58
3.MicroDownloads_ControllerPublic_index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
4.XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
5.XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/racedepartment.com/forum/index.php at line 13

Fixed another tiny bug. When updating you will notice that the download button is replaced by a phrase but that this phrase is missing.

Go to admincp>appereance>phrases>create new prase>
  • title: microdownloads_download
  • text: download
Now you have a working button

Michael, you may want to update the screenshots in the description of the add-on.

will be updating these soon.

Found one serious bug. When you delete a file via the admincp the files are not deleted from the FTP and all of them need to be manually removed.

When a file is removed that was listed as a "latest file" instantly the following error occurs:
Code:
Server Error

Undefined index: message
1.XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in MicroDownloads/Model/MicroDownloads.php at line 452
2.MicroDownloads_Model_MicroDownloads->getLastviewed() in MicroDownloads/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 58
3.MicroDownloads_ControllerPublic_index->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
4.XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
5.XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/racedepartment.com/forum/index.php at line 13

i know whats making this error and will get it fixed.

Fixed another tiny bug. When updating you will notice that the download button is replaced by a phrase but that this phrase is missing.

Go to admincp>appereance>phrases>create new prase>
  • title: microdownloads_download
  • text: download
Now you have a working button

I will make sure this is in next release.

Is it posssible to let users edit and update the files (and comments) they have uploaded?

This will be added to the commercial version where the file uploader will be able to edit the file and the user thats made a comment will be able to edit there comment.
There will also be a rating system added and report this file.

The commercial version is getting there and hope my beta tester gets back to me soon on some changes and new functions added.

some suggestions for the commercial version:

1.) top downloader (without guests)
1.1) -> maybe connected with trophies (e.g. after 50 downloads = you love our files)

2.) Preview in the description (or a button "Preview")

some suggestions for the commercial version:

1.) top downloader (without guests)
1.1) -> maybe connected with trophies (e.g. after 50 downloads = you love our files)

2.) Preview in the description (or a button "Preview")

i like 1 and 1.1 dont think we need 2

Im changing the way we do the uploading anyway to use the overlaytriger and its looking good may do this for comments as well.

I will show some screenshots of the commercial version later tonight.

Here are some screenshots of the commercial version.

Attachments

• addcomment.webp
    addcomment.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 24
  • categories.webp
    categories.webp
    44.9 KB · Views: 20
  • homepage.webp
    homepage.webp
    66 KB · Views: 21
  • uploadfile.webp
    uploadfile.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 22
  • viewfile.webp
    viewfile.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 20
  • whatsnew.webp
    whatsnew.webp
    55.5 KB · Views: 19
I'm not so keen on the layout either, nor am I too terribly worried about as it looks like I'll restyle most of it anyways but, other than that looking good feature wise :)

Top Bottom