MicroDownloads [Deleted]

the friendly URLs now work with the update

and the file i added i did manually through admin panel so it should show.

i also get this now, i think this needs to be changed to "mcdownloads" also

WfaD
this line of code has been changed

take alook in the file library/MicroDownloads/Model/MicroDownloads.php at line number 212 and see if this is there
Code:
imagejpeg($tmp,"mcdownloads/photos/".$filename,100);
if its not then the files you uploaded did not upload right just edit that line with the code i just put there and try it again.

take alook in the file library/MicroDownloads/Model/MicroDownloads.php at line number 212 and see if this is there
Code:
imagejpeg($tmp,"mcdownloads/photos/".$filename,100);
if its not then the files you uploaded did not upload right just edit that line with the code i just put there and try it again.

ye sorry it was my fault, i just upgraded from the XML

Hi there m8

Im so glad you like this little add-on.

I will be making a commercial version of this if its a big hit.
The price for the commercial version will only be $15 or there abouts but no more.

I think something like this should have been made along time ago and its not till one of me members said to make a downloads manager that it started.

This is only the first version of this and there will be more added to it in time,
just wanted to get it out to you all and see what you all think of it.

Thanks again for kind words.

Micheal,

What features do you contemplate adding to paid version?

Looks very cool as is! Will be downloading when I have a chance.

im not sure yet but i know there can be alot more added to this.

If any one has any ideas on what to add please feel free to let me know and you will get 10% of the commercial version if your idea is added.

i will be adding in a rating system to rate files uploaded.
Thats one idea thats going to be added.

Automatic notification on updated download? Either to those who have downloaded or for those who watch the thread?

I will be making a commercial version of this if its a big hit.
The price for the commercial version will only be $15 or there abouts but no more.

if this is a downloadmanager with a lot of features (like external hosted files, shop, review and star system, likes, block for xenporta, integrate in XenTag, automatic creating thread and so on) 15$ is a joke and much to low for your work.
we dont want any free addons without support, we want addons with longturn support for a reasonably price.

if this is a downloadmanager with a lot of features (like external hosted files, shop, review and star system, likes, block for xenporta, integrate in XenTag, automatic creating thread and so on) 15$ is a joke and much to low for your work.
we dont want any free addons without support, we want addons with longturn support for a reasonably price.

If i was to add so many functions then yes the cost would be more or i would charge for the extra add-ons to the downloads manager.
So $15 for the downloads manager and if you want x plugin for downloads manager it would be x price and so on.
Would that be better for you that you pay per addon than paying for the hole downloads manager when you want use some of the new functions.

that was it, thanks :D

a suggestion:
instead of categories URL being like this:
Code:
http://www.yoursite.com/microdownloads/3/viewcat

maybe replace the "3" with category name ?

also maybe a bug, but i cant add more than 3 sub-categories

Hi Micheal, this is great! (y)

Ok I have many suggestions to make this the best Downloads Addon for Xenforo.
  • New Files should show up in What's new and searchable as a separate content type (just like resources here on XF.com)
  • User's should be able to watch files and get alerts of updates
  • Likes on Files
  • Alerts to Author on Likes and comments on his file
  • Comments should also be searchable
  • Feature to specify urls for "Related Files" and other "Contributor Authors"
  • Feature to type in someone else's name (or any arbitrary text) in author's name when uploader is not the original author
  • Report files!
I know all of these are a long list of features and I don't expect them in a free version. I would gladly pay $50 for this as a premium, well supported addon, and I think there are many many others eagerly waiting for a Downloads Mod for Xenforo.

Hi Micheal, this is great! (y)

Ok I have many suggestions to make this the best Downloads Addon for Xenforo.
  • New Files should show up in What's new and searchable as a separate content type (just like resources here on XF.com)
  • User's should be able to watch files and get alerts of updates
  • Likes on Files
  • Alerts to Author on Likes and comments on his file
  • Comments should also be searchable
  • Feature to specify urls for "Related Files" and other "Contributor Authors"
  • Feature to type in someone else's name (or any arbitrary text) in author's name when uploader is not the original author
  • Report files!
I know all of these are a long list of features and I don't expect them in a free version. I would gladly pay $50 for this as a premium, well supported addon, and I think there are many many others eagerly waiting for a Downloads Mod for Xenforo.

hi there m8

First of hows things and thanks for kind words.

Most of what you have asked for is something that would or was considering adding.
I will be adding in an alert system for members that have downloaded a file they will be alerted when there has been an update to the file.

There will be a search for this where you will be able to search the user, author, title and description.
There will also be extra blocks for top Contributor and any otheres i may think of.
There will be the option to add a small image gallery to each file uploaded as well say 5 images.

I think the report file should be in there and will be added.

Thanks Micheal.

We use VBulletin's DownloadsII on our Oracle Forum and a huge problem for us, as would happen to anyone with a very large number of files, is that the author needs to be alerted when there is a comment to his upload. In our case there are members who have uploaded hundreds of files. Now, obviously they are not going to go back and click on each file url when someone posts a comment on their upload. So the net result is that members upload and other members comment but the original author does not know that someone has replied. Hence in addition to alerting members who have downloaded on updates, authors should also be alerted on new comments.

And thanks for considering the other features! (y)

Top Bottom