MicroDownloads Commercial [Paid] [Deleted]

Any update, Mike?:)
im very busy at the moment and im getting there with new versions but i have 5 other websites that im working on at this time.

So far i have made upgrades very quick for this but this time its going to be abit longer.

i have sorted out the download from URL to download the file from that url and not save the file to your server.
This has not been released yet as im doing so other things to the script at the moment.

i have sorted out the download from URL to download the file from that url and not save the file to your server.
This has not been released yet as im doing so other things to the script at the moment.

Thank you Michael, much appreciated :)

Another issue I found,

If I go for non-english category names, (indic, Chinese and so on ), i am having this error,

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xE0\xA6\x97\xE0\xA6\xBE...' for column 'name' at row 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1607
XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1576
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in MicroDownloads/ControllerAdmin/MicroDownloads.php at line 785
MicroDownloads_ControllerAdmin_MicroDownloads->actionSavecategory() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/jj/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13

have fixed this error in next release version 1.1.2
you will be able to add chinese words 早上好/ 早

hope to have the next version out within the next few days.

Some updates for in in the next version include.
Updates
Ability to add a forum to each category with thread prifix.
Download files from url without saving the file to your server.
Remove a category image.

Fixed
Fixed a problem with adding a comment when there are no threads attached to a file.
Fixed Downloading large files.
Remove the last viewed block as it was making errors and not realy needed.
Fixed adding in text like chinese characters

hope to have the next version out within the next few days.

Some updates for in in the next version include.
Updates
Ability to add a forum to each category with thread prifix.
Download files from url without saving the file to your server.
Remove a category image.

Fixed
Fixed a problem with adding a comment when there are no threads attached to a file.
Fixed Downloading large files.
Remove the last viewed block as it was making errors and not realy needed.
Fixed adding in text like chinese characters
You mean, having an option to make remote files remain remote instead of them upload from that remote location to our sites?

Here are some screen shots of whats new within the new version coming out soon.

Attachments

• categoryoption1.webp
    categoryoption1.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 20
  • categoryoption2.webp
    categoryoption2.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 19
  • categoryoption3.webp
    categoryoption3.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 19
  • forumoptions.webp
    forumoptions.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 21
  • forumsidebaroptions.webp
    forumsidebaroptions.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 19
  • forumsideblocks.webp
    forumsideblocks.webp
    16 KB · Views: 19
  • imageoptions.webp
    imageoptions.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 19
  • modofmonthforumoptions.webp
    modofmonthforumoptions.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 20
  • pagelayoutoptions.webp
    pagelayoutoptions.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 19
  • perpageoptions.webp
    perpageoptions.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 20
  • settings.webp
    settings.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 20
Just upgraded it into 1.1.2 but its showing as 1.1.1 at the bottom! Mike can you please check it if its my any mistake?

I have just installed the 1.1.2 non IonCube version and followed the installation instructions.

First thing I noticed is that the 'downloads manager' menu item still gets displayed if you have turned the mod off, and also when the mod is on, usergroups with no permissions for it can still see the menu item.

Also, when I click on the 'downloads manager' menu item as a user in a group will full permissions (aint tried any others yet), I see the following error:
An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later

I do not know if this is specific to the version I have though. I am happy to give you admin rights and ftp if that helps?

I should point out that I am in no hurry to use this mod, so don't panic! ;)

Disabled it for the moment.

Thanks

Code:
Server Error

fopen(/public_html/community/microdownloads/downloads/curlfiledownload9.zip) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in MicroDownloads/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 0
MicroDownloads_ControllerPublic_index->actionDownload() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/jj/public_html/community/index.php at line 13

How to fix this error?

Code:
Server Error

fopen(/public_html/community/microdownloads/downloads/curlfiledownload9.zip) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in MicroDownloads/ControllerPublic/index.php at line 0
MicroDownloads_ControllerPublic_index->actionDownload() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/jj/public_html/community/index.php at line 13

How to fix this error?

I got that same error after trying to delete my only download.

EDIT: If you select 'No' to the 'Delete File' option, you do not see the above errors. However, the download does not get deleted from your downloads manager. Either way, the download remains in your download manager.

I got that same error after trying to delete my only download.

EDIT: If you select 'No' to the 'Delete File' option, you do not see the above errors. However, the download does not get deleted from your downloads manager. Either way, the download remains in your download manager.
Code:
Server Error

How to fix this error?

I will sort this out very soon as i think i know what the problem is here.

in your settings there is no folder called microdownloads it should be mcdownloads/downloads/
make sure this is set right.

I will buy this only if you add an option that let users specify a license of all files they upload with this addon. A download manager that lets you download files without giving any information about the license of those files is not usable for me.

I will buy this only if you add an option that let users specify a license of all files they upload with this addon. A download manager that lets you download files without giving any information about the license of those files is not usable for me.

Thats a good idea and i will get this in place for the next release.
As there should be a license agreement that users have to agree to before downloading any file.

Is it possible to use Sub-Sub-Categories?
Because in the free version it isn't possible to choose them

e.g.
Downloads
-Free Addons
--Firefox
---Security (can I select such sub-category?)

Top Bottom