1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MicroDownloads Commercial [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Micheal, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Micheal

Micheal Well-Known Member

Micheal submitted a new resource:

MicroDownloads Commercial (version 1.0.7) - Downloads Manager

Read more about this resource...

ArnyVee likes this.
  2. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Very cool :)

Screenshots?

3. Micheal

screenshots will be added a bit later just sorting them out.

Rost35 and ArnyVee like this.
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Could you possibly provide a live demo of the paid version Micheal? Thanks

5. Micheal

i have the commercial version installed on my site.
    i cannot give a full demo of it as that would meen buying aother license.

6. Shelley

Ah yeah I see. Totally understandable. I'll go check out your site then. Thanks Micheal.

7. surfsup

surfsup Well-Known Member

Whats the main difference between the free and paid version?

8. surfsup

I get this error:
    Mysqli prepare error: Table 'xenforo.microdownloads_license_info' doesn't exist

9. surfsup

And how can I remove the Downloads Manager from the navbar? Even when I turned off microdownloads its still there. I had to deactivate the plugin.

10. Shelley

Suggestion: On this page http://www.xfgeek.com/index.php?microdownloads/

- I think it's pointless and somewhat redundant having a screenshot of the resource on the left where the avatar of the resource OP should be. I'd suggest not having a preview there and have the OP avatar showing.
    - the sidebar on this page I think shouldn't be on the right, if you don't agree perhaps an option for the user to have it displayed on the left.

On this page http://www.xfgeek.com/index.php?microdownloads/android-smilies.3/viewfile

The categories block, there really needs to be some padding to the left, notice how the primary link hugs the edge of the block? also it displays home above in that box any reason why that's there? I think this should be removed.

http://www.xfgeek.com/index.php?microdownloads/10/viewcat << again with this area the posters avatar should be displaying in the left side rather than a preview image which seems redundant.

Barbossa, ArnyVee and surfsup like this.
  11. surfsup

There is no place to put in the license unlike the previous mods you have there is.

12. Micheal

i will get this sorted out for you m8

13. jadmperry

jadmperry Well-Known Member

Can you explain the licensing...I went to buy for $30, says there is an option of some sort for renewal for $20? Can you explain what this is about?

14. Micheal

you buy the script at the $30 and after a year you would renew your order to get support just like any other software sale like here.

jadmperry likes this.
  15. jadmperry

jadmperry Well-Known Member

Thanks....I kinda figured that after I thought about it.

Follow up question...what are the differences between commercial and free download...and does it take MicroCart to charge for downloads? Are the products separate or do they work together?

16. Micheal

they are separate products they dont work together at all.

17. Micheal

saying that you could setup a subscription within the cart and when you have someone buy these subs it would let them download these files within the downloads manager,
    as you can set the usergroups who can download a file within the downloads manager.
    So in afect you could link the too together.

18. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

MicroDownloads Commercial 1.0.7

Unfortunately when I searched Resources for download, I got 175 hits.
    To narrow the search, I "title searched" for download and this didn't come up.
    The problem is in the naming.
    Micro Downloads would be OK, MicroDownloads isn't.
    Consider a title change to Micro Downloads.

I disagree. I think the downloads should be about the download item itself, not the poster ! It really depends on the purpose of the downloads. Enabling the download item's "avatar" (preview) to be a screenshot is a great feature. For my needs, I really don't want the uploader's avatar there.

Agree.
    Agree.

19. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Micheal, couple of questions.

So this is a complete resource manager, basically?

It allows both free or paid downloading?

20. Micheal

You can upload files and set the usergroups then you can set subscriptions within xenforo or user the microcart for this and when they buy that subscription it will let them download the files to that subscription is based on.

At this time the downloads manager does not take payments throught it.

I hope you get what i mean here.

Anthony Parsons likes this.