Metro Theme [Paid] [Deleted]

Thanks Miner, so you are saying that the issue is specific to some mobile phones and not others? Unfortunately I may have to skip on purchasing the theme then...very nice them though

Thanks Miner, so you are saying that the issue is specific to some mobile phones and not others? Unfortunately I may have to skip on purchasing the theme then...very nice them though

Yes it seems the issue is there when viewing in some mobile browser, its not mobile issues, which we will be rectifying in our next update soon.

You may purchase the theme if you like and we will provide the fix for this to you, as we already worked a solution and its a simple fix.

I can certainly say my forum looks nothing like the one in the demo, totally messed up. I have disabled all TMS and still same.

Like the gamingo style, supposes its ok if your only have about 3 tabs at the top or viewing on a 42" screen

I can certainly say my forum looks nothing like the one in the demo, totally messed up. I have disabled all TMS and still same.

Like the gamingo style, supposes its ok if your only have about 3 tabs at the top or viewing on a 42" screen

If you have lot of tabs this style is not for you and we have provided options to use the extra link tabs with dropdown, tabs issue is known problem in Metro styles designed for any scripts but we are trying to have a solution for this and will add this in our next update by next version.

And the theme is fixed version works in 960px width and expands to 1280px wide in large screens.

Post screenshot at our forums with your issues, you know miner is always there to help out customers!:D

EDIT: please ignore this as we still testing with various mobiles and tabs not fixed the issue yet.

(not mobile related)
sorry to say this but this theme is one of the most un-professional themes i paid for. i´ll not drag down the work at all but the theme has to be tested with ALL possible functions with a standard xenforo install. there are to many small things wich don´t work out of the box. but you are on a good way if you only test much much more before you release.

(not mobile related)
sorry to say this but this theme is one of the most un-professional themes i paid for. i´ll not drag down the work at all but the theme has to be tested with ALL possible functions with a standard xenforo install. there are to many small things wich don´t work out of the box. but you are on a good way if you only test much much more before you release.

Not sure what all the issues you faced with the theme, we rectified all reported bugs and known issues except mobile thing.

Maybe doing something out of box design for a forum theme is not a an option to consider in future, as each forums work with different environments, using different hacks, add-ons etc or i should have more advanced skills to deal with.:unsure:

We tried our best with this theme and still we are ready working on this to make it better, these are few list we have and will have it in done in our next major update by March13.

1. Add few new features suggested by current clients.
2. Fix mobile issue when browsing(once again there are lot of browsers choice for mobiles and more mobile platforms, so we are trying to test it in live ourselves with maximum before next release).
3. Make it 100% responsive theme.
4. Working on a solution to fix the Tabs issue for forums having many tabs, we created one custom code for this and currently testing with our metro vB).
5.will add here...

#3 should fix #2. You really only need make the theme responsive, and if it works on Safari and Chrome for IOS and Android, then that is the majority of the mobile market.

Maybe a workable fix for #4 adding additional navtabs, is to pull out the hooks and place them into a secondary bar that can span as additional navigation options, but not detract from the pretty original Xenforo main forum areas.

I don't think there is any such thing with design, in catering for unknown third party add ons, other than ensure you use original XF classes with your custom design, and if the add-on also uses original XF classes, then all styling should transpose without issue. Maybe a minor tweak here and there, otherwise it should be good.

It only gets messy when a design uses custom classes.

#3 should fix #2. You really only need make the theme responsive, and if it works on Safari and Chrome for IOS and Android, then that is the majority of the mobile market.

I don't think there is any such thing with design, in catering for unknown third party add ons, other than ensure you use original XF classes with your custom design, and if the add-on also uses original XF classes, then all styling should transpose without issue. Maybe a minor tweak here and there, otherwise it should be good.

It only gets messy when a design uses custom classes.

I agree 100%, once we recode the theme 100% responsive most of mobile issues will be solved, currently we have fixed all major and known issue our clients have reported and further we are listening wide open to improve this theme more better in our next update.

Maybe a workable fix for #4 adding additional navtabs, is to pull out the hooks and place them into a secondary bar that can span as additional navigation options, but not detract from the pretty original Xenforo main forum areas.

We have created a solution for this, currently we are working this on metro vb and if clients has more then 4 tabs the 5th tab will become a parent tab and pull other remaining links into dropdown, the same will be implemented into Metro XF too.

Is this getting any closer to being responsive Miner?

We are working on it and its taking more time then we thought, also this is our first responsive design we are not going to rush this and ETA at the moment will be in 2nd or 3rd week of Mar13.

We where quite successful in coding vB4 as responsive design! imagine with heavy script we where able to do, it means will be quite easy to work with XF.

Thanks.

We have removed this theme temporary, as we are revamping this style more better and bug less, in a month time we will release new version of this theme with responsive design.
And we are completely recoding this design from scratch using our own responsive framework and assure our existing clients will release this with better version, until then we do not want to disappoint new clients in purchasing the theme.
By now, we have gained a lot of knowledge coding themes for XF and will release this and further new themes 100% better quality in future.
Thanks for the support from XF community.

We have removed this theme temporary, as we are revamping this style more better and bug less, in a month time we will release new version of this theme with responsive design.
And we are completely recoding this design from scratch using our own responsive framework and assure our existing clients will release this with better version, until then we do not want to disappoint new clients in purchasing the theme.
By now, we have gained a lot of knowledge coding themes for XF and will release this and further new themes 100% better quality in future.
Thanks for the support from XF community.
miner please consider adding more compactibility with xenporta exp
ecially with 3 column setup. also a better tab management wold be nice . i suggested that the extra tabs which comes from other addons are automatically moved to the extra tab folder.

miner please consider adding more compactibility with xenporta exp
ecially with 3 column setup. also a better tab management wold be nice . i suggested that the extra tabs which comes from other addons are automatically moved to the extra tab folder.

Noted your valuable points and regarding the tabs we are working the way you suggested above.

Thanks.

Top Bottom